Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 2005 Corolla S that is brand new (less than 3 weeks old) and the other day during some steady rain I hit the wipers and got lots of "skweeking" noise from both front wiper blades. Anyone else had this situation? I'm wondering if this will stop with a little wear-in or if it has to do with some coating on the windshield or blades that Toyota uses on new vehicles? Would appreciate any ideas, especially from you dealrship folks who may have run into this.

Thnx,
-mrm

·
'10 XRS (05 & 09 XRS RIP)
2010 Corolla XRS
1,570 Posts
If it's the kind of squeeking that comes from rubber to glass contact, then it should go away. Those new wiperblades probably just need to wear down a bit on the glass.

I found on just about every car that general road crud will build up on your windsheild over time - especially if there hasn't been much rain. When the rain comes, I get squeeking until the crud is washed/sweeped away.

·
2005 Corolla
33 Posts
Chatter

I have an 05 LE and recently went on a long trip in some steady rain. When i finally turned the radio down, I noticed that lower half of the driver's side wiper blade was chattering like a banchee; skipping accross the glass. very annoying so i turned the radio back up. Will see the dealer about it.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
I have the same problem, just wax your windshield to make it smooth and slippery where the rubber will slide across it instead of grabbing it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts