Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
07 base very noisy on all roads. Just purchased 4 new tires . Wondering if it might be in the trans. Noisy even when coasting in neutral. Any info would help 115k on engine . Thank you. jz.

·
Registered
2001 Camry
496 Posts
What type of noise, also when idling or only when moving? What does it sound like?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Road noise while moving. Even if I put the tranny in neutral at 35 it still is noisy and the engine is at idle. Thank you jz.

·
Registered
293 Posts
What I call road noise comes from tires. Did you get an alignment and balance when you got new tires? Are the tire pressures right? Did you get aggressive tread that is noisy? Can you send a video so we can hear?

·
Registered
2001 Camry
496 Posts
Yeah, road noise typically is from tires. Unless you have an issue like a wheel bearing. Did you have the noise before you put on the new tires?

·
Registered
6 Posts
And to elaborate on the wheel bearings. Typically if is it’s a front wheel bearing it’ll get louder and quicker as you turn. Think NASCAR drivers warming tires. You can get up a lil speed, 20/30mph and just kinda weave back an forth. The noise if its a front wheel bearing will change getting louder and quieter as you are changing directions.

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
34,928 Posts
What type/Brand of tires?
Yeah, road noise typically is from tires. Unless you have an issue like a wheel bearing. Did you have the noise before you put on the new tires?
I agree with both of the above. What tires did you purchase? Tires make a huge difference.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for the info the tires are low quality for around town use . All new brake pads installed so some of the noise is gone so there is some improvement. jz

1 - 9 of 9 Posts