Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I'm considering buying a 2006 avalon touring but it does not come with the jbl synthesis package altho it has low miles. I'm hesitant to get it and am considering waiting it out for one that does have the jbl sythesis. Is there a big difference between the regular (non-jbl) audio vs one with the jbl synthesis package?
thx
mike

·
Registered
01 Avalon XL, 03 Avalon XL
987 Posts
While you're waiting for Gen3 owners to answer...

The non-JBL system in my 01 is far better than the JBL Premium system in my wife's 03. But then, I listen to jazz and classical. My wife's JBL is just what an 18-year-old wants for rap and heavy bottom rock.

Pulling the camera back for a larger picture, I like my cars primarily for their ability to go from point A to point B. To do that in Massachusetts (thanks to demented drivers) you have to pay more attention to the road than to the radio.

In other words... it's all up to your objectives... drive on, or rock on...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - i know, it's just a radio and prob should be a minor thing when you're considering buying a car. But with the hours you spend inside the car times several years, you might as well make it as enjoyable as possible. (First world problems i guess). :)

·
Registered
01 Avalon XL, 03 Avalon XL
987 Posts
Jeez, I forgot about anyone who had regular long stretches. If I were in that setting, indeed I'd want at least a companionable if not brilliant entertainment setup. Good luck in your search, and I hope JBL gained some class in the years since Gen2 Avalons.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thanks - i know, it's just a radio and prob should be a minor thing when you're considering buying a car. But with the hours you spend inside the car times several years, you might as well make it as enjoyable as possible. (First world problems i guess). :)

I had JBL on my 2005 Avalon XLS. The sound quality was excellent and pleasing to hear. I don't know how the non-JBL audio is on that 3rd gen Avalon, but if my non-JBL 2016 Highlander is anything to go by, the JBL is just a notch above.

·
Official PITA
Solara 'Vert & ES350
524 Posts
I had both a Gen2 and Gen3. Both had JBL radios. I always shut off the synthesis on the Gen3, didn't like the sound.
I have an 07 es350 with their basic radio... Sounds better than my 05 Avalon. You might want to look at one of them, prices are within $1-$1.5k of eqiuiv Avalon, has some endearing luxuries.
Also consider upgrading speakers, they make a world of difference.

·
Registered
'05 Avalon XLS 125K
8 Posts
non-JBL Synthesis vs JBL Synthesis: my 05 Avalon has the JBL synthesis unit. With all

Hi, I'm considering buying a 2006 avalon touring but it does not come with the jbl synthesis package altho it has low miles. I'm hesitant to get it and am considering waiting it out for one that does have the jbl sythesis. Is there a big difference between the regular (non-jbl) audio vs one with the jbl synthesis package?
thx
mike

·
Registered
'05 Avalon XLS 125K
8 Posts
thx
mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts