Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed something with the radio in my Venza, but not sure if this is normal or not...While on a road trip with wife and daughter, we were listening to the radio. I went to change the channel, and noticed the screen area very hot. I'm not exaggerating the heat that it was emanating...it was very hot. I took it to the dealer, and it didn't get hot so the dealer doesnt think there's an issue.

I'll have to find a temp gun and try to take the temp of the radio...

·
Registered
86 Posts
I experienced the same thing with my stereo as well. I took it back to the dealer and the y couldn't find anything wrong with it and said "that's normal"!!! doesn't make sense why the stereo would run so hot. let me know what you can find out...

·
Registered
24 Posts
My radio was warmer than I expected it to be, I wouldn't say it hot. I wonder if it gets worse with use as my Venza only has about 450 miles on it.

·
2011 Venza - 4cyl AWD
2011 Venza
5 Posts
Very hot

From the day I picked up my 2011 (Jan 2011) the screen of the radio has been smokin hot. And when I've got the sunroof cover open, I'm amazed it hasn't melted. Toyota said it was normal.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Same here. My wife was getting concerned because the face of the stereo got so hot. Also had a problem with playing music through the USB outlet. After about 15 minutes it would just lock up and I'd have to pull the thumb drive out for a few minutes before it would work again. Haven't talked to the dealer yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hot radio

I see others have had this hot radio face problem. I had a CD in the radio and when ejected burned my fingertips. Anybody ever had a solution to this issue?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Same on our 2011 Venza. It has been smoking hot since day 1. Never used the CD player, always streaming via bluetooth. 72k miles later and it's still working so I'm assuming it is normal operating temperature.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts