Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up...I drive a 1992 Honda Prelude Si 4ws 5 speed. Currently I have the basic I/H/E/P, JDM 1 peice black housing headlights, a custom dark red paint job, and a few stereo mods. I dont really have too many plans currently because college is eating away at my wallet, But hopefully by graduation I should have the JDM H22a motor swapped in. Looks like a great community to be a part of im just stopping by to ask a few questions about my mom's camry and see if i can add a lil knowledge in here and there!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ha i take pride in keeping my car rice free...i mean my huge 8 foot wing is in the mail and my flame decals, NOS, and APC stickers are in the mail...what...you didnt know that a huge wing adds hp and each thing you stick on your windows/body adds 10hp? dang i thought everyone knew that...

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
Well, if you run accross a TRD sticker it adds 50. RETARD.

Jeesh, please get your stats right. I think im going to get a TRD paintjob and then......*drumline* I'll go mach 2, thank you very much.

P.S. Prelude is a nice car.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Me being me i'm always around honda racers. What i never did understand is why you guys would go JDM. I understand that it has more horsepower slightly. if the USDM engine is coming out to 150hp and you get the same engine but from JDM and it gets your 165hp. is it really worth putting 3000-4000$ into a swap for 15hp. I mean yes you get better potiental. But then again some parts would have to be JDM as well. with 4000$ you can drop a turbo, cooller and probaly add more boost.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The JDM motors have more potential for turbo, they accept it better and have stronger internals. Plus it makes you unique in a sense. I like to make my own style. Clean, classy, unique, I could care less what anyone else thinks of my car, but it's always nice to roll up and have everyone tell you how nice your car looks and sounds.
Edit: fyi the usdm h22a1 puts out 190 hp to the crank stock and the JDM h22a puts out about 205 hp to the crank stock.

I luhhh dem ludes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts