Toyota Nation Forum banner

noob corolla

871 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  REN69 
#1 ·
hi, forgive me if type size is wrong. anyway I have bought a 95 AE101 hatchback 4afe engine and 4 speed auto trans. Genuine 45000kms. Is it worth switching to fully synthetic engine oil or a blend or stick with mineral oil. any other advice would be appreciated. thanks,:)

#3 ·
With only 45000km, switching to synthetic shouldn't be a problem at all, and I say you got for it. Unless of course you have visible oil leaks, like Kyle said. Every bit of information regarding engine oil that you can imagine can be found at www.bobistheoilguy.com . Look in the forums, and there is a plethora of information.

#5 ·
toyota16 said:
hi, forgive me if type size is wrong. anyway I have bought a 95 AE101 hatchback 4afe engine and 4 speed auto trans. Genuine 45000kms. Is it worth switching to fully synthetic engine oil or a blend or stick with mineral oil. any other advice would be appreciated. thanks,:)
If you are just daily driving it and not beating on it, it's NOT worth it to go synthetic. It costs more for the oil you won't have any noticable gains vs a well maintained engine on regular oil unless you are EXTREMELY picky. Just stick with a regular reputable oil like Mobil1, Pennsoil, Castrol, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.