Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Asian Sensation
1996 Lexus SC300
904 Posts
the sound you hear is not the muffler itself. it's the sound from the exhaust of the engine. a muffler only controls/dampens that sound. if you just take off a muffler, it will be very very loud. people get different mufflers because it changes the sound of the engine's exhaust because there are a lot of different designs and sizes

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
what sound are u talking about....if u yell "vroom vroom" loud enough out the window when ur driving it will make a sound too...:lol:

·
What the Pho?
2000 Solara
1,433 Posts
depends on what kinda muffler/exhaust system u get.

Get one from the dealer, it should be kinda quiet. U get a performance one, its gonna have a deep base tone. get universal, u get a sound like grandma is farting...

·
Boss Honky
2,703 Posts
MRQturbo said:
what sound are u talking about....if u yell "vroom vroom" loud enough out the window when ur driving it will make a sound too...:lol:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
i'm still confused what "sound" he's looking for.......:confused:

vroom.....phsst.....vroom.....phsst......(if he wants to sound like a turbo with BOV)......:D

·
Lives For The Curves
93 Camry
1,546 Posts
SMUnderground said:
like at a green light people step on their gas peddle and it makes this vroom sound

Ooooooohhhh! THAT sound!

:confused:

Lets save the trouble and say: get a short ram intake and a performance muffler.

·
TN Ass Man
95 Camry SE 2-door
1,179 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: OMFG this thread is hilarious

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
If you take a sawzall, place it directly before your muffler, and turn it on.... you will generally get that sound.

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
everyone is yanking your chain.....i think ur looking for a deep exhaust tone.....just get an aftermarket exhaust for your car and you'll get your sound......:)

·
Boss Honky
2,703 Posts
I have always liked that sound put.... put..... put....burp....put....put....cough!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
443 Posts
im parshal to the sound you get when you hook a 2.5" to a car and dont put any muffler on. (did it to a A4 1.8t, we later put on the rest of the system)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts