Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
okay i got a 91 mr 2turbo w/ greedy intercooler, apexi n 1 exhaust, apexi intake, greedy bov (i know after looking thru this forum it seems like the factory bov is best will be switching back soon) and a upgraded ct 26 turbo i believe the specs r .46 trim clipped turbine.......now heres my questions

1) how much hp do i have to the wheels w/ those minor bolt on on factory boost?

2) i would like to up my boost to say 15lbs how much more hp will that add?

3) what all is needed to be done to up my boost to 15 lbs? i know a boost controller.... and a fcd is needed n e thing else like a afc and dynoing the car?

4) now i know fcd stands for fuel cut defense (i believe) whats easiest way of bypassing that (i am very mechanical inclined)

5) now does manuel boost controller have 2 settings? like low boost and high?

sorry for all the redundant question but i'm new to the modding scene and i just want to make sure i done everything right to my prize possession

·
Registered
97 Posts
you should be able to up boost to 15 psi with nothing other than a boost controller and a fcd.you could build your own fcd or you could buy a aftermarket like the hks.there are manual boost controllers with 2 settings such as the tuboxs dual stage model.but i am not so sure you really need that.if you wanted to up or lower your boost it would be a simple as turning a knob or a screw.as far as your current horsepower on factory boost i would bet it is close to say 225-230.do you have a downpipe?i am also kinda new to the mr2 turbo.but there is a guy on here that goes by JekylandHyde he should be able to help you more than me.from reading previous posts i think he has alot of knowledge about these cars.goodluck
:D

·
Registered
131 Posts
You didnt mention if you had a boost gauge. If you dont you'll need that for when you are manually controlling boost.

Disabling the FCD is easier than raising the fuel cut, you would need to plug a vac hose, cant remember which at the moment. If you are on stock boost (9-11) you would gain approx 10 horses per pound.

With that, and a good downpipe, you could be running high 200's in RWHP. Not sure how much, too many variables, including the condition of your engine and ignition components.

Go to www.mr2oc.com, click on the MKII MR2 section, then the 3S-GTE section, and read EVERY PAGE of the "Turbo Dont's" thread that I posted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts