Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
F'ing 3sgte swap ARGH!!!!
Celica 6th Gen Convt
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

thanx to all the help i got from here, i got to read up on alot of turbo stuff...

THANX TO ALL THAT HELPED AND POINTED ME TO THE LINKS AND STUFF....

erm.. but now i got one more qn...

i read up and i tink, that the power of the turbo comes from a boost controller, rite... like to set ur boost to 7psi....

i was wondering, since sometimes, i might go crazy again and drive for another 3000 miles across the country, or if my gals drives the car, she might not be able to handle the power... is there like an adjustable boost controller... ie to say that when i do not desire that much power, i turn it down to say 2psi... and when some dumba$$ civic tries to be funny, i can turn up the boost and smoke his a$$.....

thanx again guys.

·
GT-i Crew
632 Posts
Yeap, there are hundreds of boost controllers gadgets around, you just have to look for them. Blitz, HKS and Greddy manufacture somo pretty nice stuff

·
Celica 6th Gen Convt
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
erm... i guess my main question here would be tat is there a variable boost controllers... where by i can vary the amt of boost that i need.

like if my mum drives my car, i can lower it to 2 psi, and when i drive her, i can increase it to 8psi...

·
camrys blow off too!
06 subaru wrx wagon
554 Posts
thats not really the way it would work. boost controllers would make it have more boost. you would have to get an external wastegate to get the boost lower. the internal wastegate of a ct26 should be around 9 psi i think.

·
Celica 6th Gen Convt
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, erm.. so it is to say that the wastegate is the one that controls the psi level,

is it fessible and easy to change the wastegate each time a different driver drives?

·
camrys blow off too!
06 subaru wrx wagon
554 Posts
nope. wastegates generally have to be adjusted by a manual adjustment. well thats tricky. a ct26 all ready has a non adjustable wastegate...it will keep the psi around 9 psi. if you want to go higher, get a boost controller, if you need to go lower, get a wastegate

1 - 6 of 6 Posts