Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, i'm a new to this forum. I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but i did a quick search a didn't find anything on it.

What is TRD? I know it has something to do with suspension but what all does it intell and can I install it on my truck now. Also i was wondering what the SR5 meant.

I used to own a 00 mustang but it got wrecked :( so i decided to buy a truck. Now i own a '00 silver 2.7 L. 4x4 ext. cab tacoma with SR5 and 25k miles. Since I'm new on owning a Tocama can you guys fill me in on the important things I should now about it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
TRD = Toyota Racing Development check out www.trdusa.com

As for SR5 its the hi-lux options that you can get added on to your vehicle purchase. New SR5 models come with the options I listed below, but you might have something a little different, but similar. I have a 2001 Tacoma Prerunner SR5 and have the same upgrades as below.

SR5 Chrome Package -- includes chrome bumpers and grille surround, defroster-linked CFC-free air conditioning, dual-fabric sun visors with mirror and visor extensions, orange-illuminated white-faced gauges (speedometer, tachometer with LCD twin tripmeters, and coolant temperature and fuel-level meters), digital clock, tilt steering wheel, washer-linked variable intermittent windshield wipers and Deluxe AM/FM Cassette/CD with four speakers (Regular Cab) or six speakers (Xtracab and Double Cab)

·
Registered
38 Posts
RedPrerunnerSR5 said:
TRD = Toyota Racing Development check out www.trdusa.com

As for SR5 its the hi-lux options that you can get added on to your vehicle purchase. New SR5 models come with the options I listed below, but you might have something a little different, but similar. I have a 2001 Tacoma Prerunner SR5 and have the same upgrades as below.

SR5 Chrome Package -- includes chrome bumpers and grille surround, defroster-linked CFC-free air conditioning, dual-fabric sun visors with mirror and visor extensions, orange-illuminated white-faced gauges (speedometer, tachometer with LCD twin tripmeters, and coolant temperature and fuel-level meters), digital clock, tilt steering wheel, washer-linked variable intermittent windshield wipers and Deluxe AM/FM Cassette/CD with four speakers (Regular Cab) or six speakers (Xtracab and Double Cab)
Well answer this for me. What model is mine. I have the stepside bed. my grill bumpers, door handles and fender flares are all the same color red as the truck. The reason I ask is the previous owner removed the emblems and stickers and my shocks are black not blue and yellow.. :p:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok so it means Toyota Racing Development, so what extra parts are on the truck. Do you know what specific parts are added in the TRD package? And what difference do these parts make?

I looked at that website but couldn't find any specific detail on the info I was looking for.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
obex26 - sounds like you have this

SR5 Color-Keyed Package -- includes all SR5 Chrome Package contents, with color-keyed bumpers and grille surround in place of chrome bumpers and grille surround; color-keyed door handles; color-keyed remote mirrors are included on 4x2 models, available on PreRunner and 4x4 models

ks_medic - this is whats included in the TRD package

TRD Off-Road Package -- includes off-road-tuned suspension with Bilstein® high-pressure gas shocks, P265/70R16 BFGoodrich tires with solid white lettering on 16" 5-spoke aluminum alloy wheels, locking rear differential, fender flares and TRD graphics

hope that clears it all up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts