Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
It's only matter whether it's I4 or V6. 5SFE is the I4 engine for gen 3 and gen 4, so yeah it'll work.

·
OREGONian
92' 4 door Camry
315 Posts
It's only matter whether it's I4 or V6. 5SFE is the I4 engine for gen 3 and gen 4, so yeah it'll work.
I though that there was the down pipe issue or something like that? correct me if i'm wrong.

·
It's pronounced "Nesquik"
1992 Camry LE
688 Posts
That's for 5s-fe turbo setups. For the Camry you need to make a custom downpipe because there's an engine mount in the way; we can't take the one from the MR-2 or Celica.

This on the other hand is just the exhaust header/manifold.

·
Registered
01 Celica GT
67 Posts
What sort of gain would swapping the exhaust manifold yield, or is it primarily a sweet looking shiny bit?

·
Z31
84' nissan 300zx
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys..
1more qik question would a 5s mr2 header work?
ive never seen which way the engine is angled in an mr2

·
Registered
Camry
630 Posts
I think it'll work, just depend on how much you want to spend on the work. I was thinking about getting the celica gt headers, but I dont know if it'll pass emission

·
1994 5S-FYOU!
1994 Toyota Camry
1,602 Posts
The header (not headers) won't net you much gain if any, except for some extra noise.

You can swap out the stock manifold with this, but as nesquik mentioned the only way you'll be able to hook it up is with a custom downpipe to the cat.

If you need to jazz up your engine bay and can't live with just painting get it, but if you're looking for performance you won't get much out of it :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts