Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! I took the top off of my carb to adjust the float level (it was too high) while I was in there I put a new needle and seat, power piston and diaphragm pump. I put it back together and the float level was right in the middle of the view window. The truck runs great but every time I shut it off and let it sit for a hour or more, the gas drains out of the float bowl and it takes 2 or 3 min. of cranking to get the gas back into the bowl to get it to start. WTF?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Not sure if its normal but my float bowl also goes empty after a few hours. But my trucks starts fine as long as i depress the gas pedal to to floor 3 times or so.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
87" fixed (no thanx to Autozone)

Well I put all the knowledge and advise together from this forum and took my carb apart one last time. I put back the old needle and seat and presto, it starts. I think autozone gave me the wrong rebuild kit and I just wasted 4 hours. I pulled the top of the carb so many times the phillips heads are stripping. Now I hope I can get my $ back after some parts were installed.
Napa from now on!
Thank you for all the help everyone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts