Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
eeto........?
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like above said, this is NOT another headlight alignment topic...

I know the procedures on how to align the headlight, but I have one problem...
My driver side headlight (non-OEM) aims lower then the passenger side. Tonight I tried to re-aim the headlight, but it doesn't move at all... I tried the passenger side, and it moves, but the driver side doesn't move at all. I think the alignment screw isn't working (duh...) and probably stripped...
cuz it's DAMN annoying seeing one light aiming like 6 feet infront of you while driver....kinda looks like a spotlight....

My question is, what can I do to fix the alignment screw, or another method to aim the light?

Thank you.

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
same goddamn problem here. Screws just spin...
Waiting for the rain to stop so I can take a look.

·
Banning is an art.
1992 Camry V6 LE
3,267 Posts
Yeah, when I made my projectors, I took apart that alignment screw and checked it out. It's a horrible design. Basically that metal screw is tightly secured in this plastic housing, and there's a plastic gear which is attached to it...this gear turns and adjusts the headlight. It's either stripped or misaligned...so that when you turn it, it just keeps on going...it doesn't catch the teeth. As well, they become severely dry, so maybe you can try spraying some lubricant in there.

·
eeto........?
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Silver Streak said:
Yeah, when I made my projectors, I took apart that alignment screw and checked it out. It's a horrible design. Basically that metal screw is tightly secured in this plastic housing, and there's a plastic gear which is attached to it...this gear turns and adjusts the headlight. It's either stripped or misaligned...so that when you turn it, it just keeps on going...it doesn't catch the teeth. As well, they become severely dry, so maybe you can try spraying some lubricant in there.
so my headlights were taken apart b4?

·
Banning is an art.
1992 Camry V6 LE
3,267 Posts
:lol: Haha, I sold you a set of headlights...I forgot!

No no, your headlights are brand new, but non-OEM. I opened up another set that I sold to someone else. Trust me, if I opened yours up, you'd be able to tell immediately...there would be glue everywhere....

Hmmm...your headlight alignment screw shouldn't be stripped, it worked fine when I had them. Lube it up and give it a try. As well, since they don't fit perfectly, you can try (this may sound stupid) taking out the headlight, adjusting the screw, and putting it back in. See if that works.

·
eeto........?
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes one is for horizontal alignment, the other is vertical. Each headlight have both of them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts