Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys. I did a thread a while back on a 3sgte swap on a corolla. And one response I got was to make a basic hybrid 5sgte. Sounded like a killer idea at first, but I read all the threads Wraith did and I'm gonna take his advice. I'm not a moron when it comes to engines, but I don't wanna go way over my head trying to build and maintain a hybrid engine. So if anything I'll get the 3sgte and just stick with that. Been researching it like a good lil boy and found some nice pricing for a complete 3sgte, tranny and all. Besides 4 disc brake conversion would I require anything else, such as suspension, clutch, etc. Keeping in mind I don't plan to do this for a while, just keeps my head busy in between classes aside from reading the Da Vinci Code, good book btw :D . But yeah and input would be much appreciated guys. :)

·
Guitars and Cars
2001 Corolla S
3,350 Posts
Sorry, not up on your previous thread.

What year/trim corolla are you planning this swap for?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whoops forgot the important part. It's an '03 which is why I got a few bad comments being it's new and all :D . But it's no biggie. And it's the canadian Brown "SandDrift". And yes it's canadian, I was gonna get my vuteq body kit painted and they were confused as to why they had no Oem paint in my code. Then Miki found out my car is canadian with it's "rare" color. I always enjoyed canadian bacon ironically enough :cool: .

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Genius at work

Well all this and I forgot my basic reasoning for this massive idea. A supercharger by trd for a corolla with installation will cost roughly 3 grand. To avoid pricing I'll stick with that number. Now... A rebuilt complete 3sgte tranny and all will cost me around 1500. Yes I know engine swaps are expensive :rolleyes:, but even then labor will be like 1k roughly. Plus I got access to a shop and some nice tech buds, so if need be they'd help me do it if I paid them nicely and bought them beer :D . So basically for 3 grand I could have a supercharged corolla with 166 ish horsies. Or I could be original and go 3sgte and have a better built more forced induction friendly engine. Maybe I just like being original or I've been reading too many import tuner mags and others of the same liking :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts