Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
SFA Yota pickups
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright i'm a carb guy and i know NOTHING about efi or computers, call me old fashioned

So i've got this 1991 Tercel, just replaced the head gasket and it doesnt want to start.
It will turn and sputter and sound so close but just doesnt want to... after about 1 minute of this it will finally start running but sounds desperate for air.. then give it a little time and it will begin to run better and better until it runs great. The CEL is on as well.

This is an un-educated guess but i thought maybe its still burning off some of the coolant and oil that was in the cylinders and thats tripping up that sensor on the Y pipe.

I've also got this mystery wire do i just ground it?

Oh yeah i'm new here so hi, i'm Al

·
Registered
SFA Yota pickups
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I figured since the distributor was right on the head i wouldnt need to do anything with it i never removed it from the head.

I did get the timing belt on the right mark though.

The weird thing is it does run great after a while it just wont start when it's cold. Smells real gassy too. Someone was saying something about a cold start injector or somethin.. idk is that like choke on a carb? Cause if it was i'd say thats my problem

1 - 3 of 3 Posts