Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I drive a red 93-96 corolla, I think mine is 1993, but I'm not sure. I have a problem where some of the lights in the center console where the radio and a/c and the ventilation stuff is held won't light up. I'm not sure if this is a fuse problem or a bulb problem, but some of the lights won't turn on and some will. I've included some pictures of my problem, and sorry my pictures arent very clear, I have a sucky digital camera. Anyways, how do I take out the cover so I can replace the bulbs if i have to?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Remove the screws and the knobs for the HVAC, and pull. Really, that's all there is. You may need to pry it out with something if it's being stubborn. Then you disconnect your A/C, hazard and defrost buttons. Then the cover is off. From there, the radio brackets unbolt from the car (8mm socket, or phillips head screwdriver). Don't know where any of the bulbs are though, sorry.

As for the radio, you may as well just go out and get an aftermarket unit. My experience with Toyota radios is that they're really hard to open up. An aftermarket radio will fit exactly in the OEM spot if you remove the trim ring.

·
Registered
190 Posts
the same problems just ahpenned to my '93
no more lights for the console but in the dash i do have lights
sounds weird

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah my dash is fine, i guess these cars are just old and its gotta go, its been what 10 years? anyways..im sorry for being a newbie, but what is "HVAC" and i dont visibly see any screws except the ones i pointed to in the picture

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Def. get the manual. It will explain what I'm trying to say. Those screws are for a lower part. The upper part just pries off with a screwdriver in 4 points (careful not to damage the vynil).

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
HVAC=Climate control (heating, ventilation, AC). Come to think of it, he's right. Leave the screws. My brother lost his long ago, so I wasn't sure if they needed to be removed. If you find out where the bulbs are, let us know. I didn't have the patience to look for them while I had the dash apart.

In the meantime, if you've got it apart, you could always do what I did.

·
Registered
190 Posts
problems solve and i did nothing
what the crap hun?
i dunno
woke up this mroning started the car and they worked fine
pretty fucked up hehe

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I also didn't bother looking for bulbs when I had my HVAC panel off. But I say again Haynes repair manual.

Nice job on the gauges and radio in that Corolla, but so many gauges and you couldn't even put a CLOCK in? :lol:

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Eeh. We've got two of them but never bothered, as we'd have to put the alarm LED somewhere else. Besides, there's a clock on the radio. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts