Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will try to get pics tonight....

new car is an 86 white hardtop.....

would NOT have bought it except for 3 factors.....

1) PO had no idea what he had nor how to fix the clutch
2) Cheap ($300)
3) JDM map system in it, running

Had to tow it last night..... clutch is VERY worn.... I think it moved at 1/100mph yesterday on it's own :lol:

Unfortunately the body is in bad shape..... both rear quarters have dents, roof has a dent, both front fenders are shot, front valence is bent and missing pieces, rear valance is smushed due to the muffler being put in poorly, windshield cracked, door panels torn, missing some interior pieces.....

me thinks a friend may end up with the chasis for free.... would make a good rally-X car.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow nice find, cant wait for pics
actually the photos wont' be exciting at all.... I looked at the motor (initial viewing of the car) for about 3-4 minutes staring at the funny yellow sensor connector on the manifold trying to figure out what it was when only about 4" away was the factory Map sensor.... quickly looked at the AFM to realize it wasn't there :lol:

you would think I would have caught that faster......

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mr2's in the driveway? yes.... plus the truck, the tercel, and the ae92 with smallport.....

just noticed the TRD wires, too.....

Not sure what to do with the car.... the photos do it GREAT justice..... it's about 5:30 now... the wife gets off at 7:30..... I could get the motor & trans out..... but don't really think I have room for it in the garage until I clean up (a lot).

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess the boat's yours too? Where do you find the time to take care of all these?:lol:

Time? what's that..... it helps that I've done this stuff so much that it takes little to no time....

yes, the boat is ours.... I received it in a trade.... for the black mr2 next to the white one :lol: and now I have both :lol:

·
Registered
164 Posts
those hard tops are pretty rare....hopefully you can save it and not part it out. Love the mk1's, when they are set-up right you can't beat the handle/driving experience...pure go-cart fun.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
those hard tops are pretty rare....hopefully you can save it and not part it out. Love the mk1's, when they are set-up right you can't beat the handle/driving experience...pure go-cart fun.
hard-tops aren't that rare.... not sure where this misconception came from..... of the 9 mr2's I've had 5 have been hardtops.....

this one is not getting saved.

·
Registered
164 Posts
My experience with Mk1's down here in Houston (I've seen quite a few) about 1 in every dozen are Hardtops, most are sunroof or t-tops.

·
Homer Lusk Collyer
AE92
1,144 Posts
What kind of carpenter can drive a mk1? I just can't picture it.

toyotaspeed90, I'm jealous of your driveway but I'll have something similar soon enough. :)

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
eh, don't be jealous... it's a lot of work with no time.... and my garage kinda sucks because 1) too many spare parts 2) it's too small....

this car now has had the motor/trans pulled, and about 80% of the interior is apart..... gotta see what I can use in the 87 t-top (unfortunately not enough, though) as that's the car I really want to be driving by summer.... hopefully 7a powered

**edit**

Guess I should mention that the LB from this car is being traded/cash for a friend who has good 7a parts.... plus I just ordered a new oil pump and bearings.... Already have a full 4agze gasket set plus an additional 4a HG lying around.... should be able to get it going.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts