Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Toyota Echo. I went out today to crank my car and nothing happened. I just replaced the battery about 4 days ago, because the car was getting sluggish about cranking. It's been doing fine until today. My inside light comes on, my dashboard lights all come on and the alarm that the key is in the ignition still works great, but I get nothing when I turn the ignition. No clicking, clucking or anything. My brother says it makes a slight whining noise. I've been researching, but it all has my head spinning. I'm praying I just got a bad battery, but I believe the culprit could be much deeper. Waiting to see what your expert opinions are. Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Charge the battery and see what happens. If it does the same thing then check the charging system or warranty the battery if it is bad.

·
6,144 Posts
1. how bad corroded are battery cables?
2. are battery cables set tight and snug?
3. are ALL battery cable connections torqued?
4. slight whining noise, if it's present, points towards some fan or relay running
.5. is starter fuse good?
If all that is good, and battery is full charge, I'd say, your ignition lock is bad. Or, main relay, if for 2000 they still had them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all the help, but it was my starter. I've had it replaced and all is running fine now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts