Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Its freakin hot here...
2002 Ford ZX-2
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now The Proud Owner Of A 1990 Lexus Es250!, Say Hello to LEXI!!!

here she is! the moment you have all been waiting for LOL,

introducing...LEXI!

sorry for the nighttime pix, but i just got her!! had to take some!!!

·
Its freakin hot here...
2002 Ford ZX-2
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
i know the front bumper is damaged, thats ok, not a big deal to me right now.

and i knwo it has the other querks. theres a few inside the car as well, but nothing too bad...

and heres the stereo system thats going in it:

thats what was in the contour and it bumped pretty good LOL.

and for those that say "its just a rebadged camry...i have a real lexus too...a 2004 SC430...

it is 1:18th scale LOL!!

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,979 Posts
What color is it? Black? I think that's gonna be the car I look into getting next after I sell my Cam. That or either a gen3 maxima. I love those es250 and es300.

·
Its freakin hot here...
2002 Ford ZX-2
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dna59 said:
What color is it? Black? I think that's gonna be the car I look into getting next after I sell my Cam. That or either a gen3 maxima. I love those es250 and es300.
\

it is actually green. the color is Black Jade Metallic IIRC. it drives excellent too...

·
pseudo-systematic
176 Posts
very nice:thumbup:

my mom has a coworker that has an es250 with 378k miles on it.

·
Its freakin hot here...
2002 Ford ZX-2
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
knuckleduster said:
very nice:thumbup:

my mom has a coworker that has an es250 with 378k miles on it.

thats very comforting.

:cool:

mine has 139,XXX and still counting...hopefully no major repairs creep up anytime soon. im gonna do an oil change this weekend...Valvoline Max life i think.

i think it may need a pwr steering pump before long, this one groans and kicks the steering wheel around if the car isnt moving when you turn the wheels.

and the door controls (the windows/locks) on the door sill...something is wrong with them, they like, slide down into the door when you push them. i just need to take it to lexus and have them fix that, i dont know the first thing about that stuff.

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
Welcome! Be sure to join Clublexus.com also.
Don't wory about it being a rebadged Toyota even if every OEM part on your car is stamped Toyota or Denso. Anyone that takes a ride will change their mind in less than 5 min.

Don't let people mess with ya either. The chicks will say oo the Lexus. The guy's say just a Camry. Guess which group wins. Besides, most people telling you it's just a Toyota can be quelled by saying something like along the lines of I know that, and compaired to your Chevy, my Lexus is great.

·
Its freakin hot here...
2002 Ford ZX-2
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Brace yourselvs guys (and gals...) theres A LOT of pix here...

First:

the arsenal of weaponry:

i can tell you this car hasnt hadd a coat fo wax since it was new probably...after 4 coats fo wax, i can STILL fell grit in the finish...time for a claybar, but im afraidit will take the paint OFF (this paint is horrible...)

·
Its freakin hot here...
2002 Ford ZX-2
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
more:

And no car is perfect... :cries:

·
Its freakin hot here...
2002 Ford ZX-2
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

well thats it...what do ya think???

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
Good pics.
Just don't forget to throw out all four Turtle Wax products and get both orange and brown Lexhol for the leather!

BTW you might wanna edit the tags out of the photos.

·
Its freakin hot here...
2002 Ford ZX-2
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
there is only 3 turtle wax products up there, one cleaner wax, one Bug and tar remover (which kicks a$$) and one Ultra Gloss Platinum series wax.

and why wudl i throw them out??/ i paid for em, ill use em till they are gone. they work great...i dont see the problem...for the money the Patinum series ultra gloss is the best IMO.

·
Its freakin hot here...
2002 Ford ZX-2
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah, i spent all day on it, and im still not happy on the outcome. i think i may have to claybar it, but i hate to waste that $$$ on a paintjob that is hopeless anyway...

BTW, there is a motorola Carphone in the trunk and the antenna on the back window...does that count as a mod??? LOL.:nutkick:

·
Black since 1985
97 Camry
2,468 Posts
lol. I had the mounts and wires in my car to for a car phone. I ripped out most of it, but the antenna base is still in my rear windshield. I'd take it off but then that'd leave a hole in the glass. I'm still wondering which %^$&$% got a car phone installed for a car made in 97'. Cell phones were abundant and cheap back then if I remember correctly.:disappoin

·
Its freakin hot here...
2002 Ford ZX-2
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
probably because a car phone will work anywhere, any time for 911...

·
Black since 1985
97 Camry
2,468 Posts
For some reason when I'm in a no service area, my Phone will still connect to Customer Service. Pretty sure it does the same for 911 too. :shrug:

·
Its freakin hot here...
2002 Ford ZX-2
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
hmmm...that is odd...the only reason u can conenct a carphoen to 911 from anywehre is beacuse it has a bigget antenna...LOL.
anyways:

im pretty happy with the overall purchase...after all it is a lexus...and a rare one at that. is there any chance ths car will be worth money someday??

and on a scale of 1-10, i give the following:

Handling-4/10 (due to disrepair/lack of maintenance)

-Speed: 8/10 (gets onto the freeway pretty good, scoots around decently...)

-Power: 8/10 (again, scoots around decently)

-Ladies factor: (pending)

-Conforts: 10/10

-Quality: 10/10 (there are parts that need rplaced yes, but i cant discount the fact that the car is 15 years old and is going to need some kind of replacement parts...i will fix them one at a time as i have $$$$)

Looks: 10/10

she has a pretty bad oil leak coming from somewhere around the top of the motor (heads or Valve covers, i cant tell which). as a result, residual oil drips onto the exhaust (cat) and burns off, causlinga horrific smell and smoke...

the previous owner had a high flow cat installed (magnaflow i think) when the stocker went. he told me, but you can also tell by the sound.

140K and it still has the original TB and WP...

the steering has a bit of an issue, i think its the power steering pump, groans and kicks the wheel around if the car isnt moving...

also the steering wheel is cocked at like 20 degrees when the wheels are straight (alignmnet possibly???)

the switches there in the last pic, the Door lock one is not sorking correctly and to roll down the windows i have to hold the switches in place with 2 hands, otherwise they do that...

the stock stereo is NOT DIN sized, and i cant find a kit anywhere...i guess im stuck listening to only the radio sicne the tape player doesnt work either...

the Power sunroof is EXTREMELY nice.

needs a new mirror glass on right side (got a stick on circle one for now...GHETTO RIG!!! LOL)

AWESOME sound from the stock pioneer sound system.

the drivers side rear door...has issues...the door lock on that door has to be locked manually, it wont unlock or lock with the other locks...

has 3 new tires, and one a half a year old.

NEEDS REAR BRAKE PADS!!! OMG those things squeel like a SOB.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts