Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont know where to find the right PSI for my camry. i've looked everywhere and i have no idea so i was hoping you could help me. they are Bridgestone P195/70R14 tires. currently at 26 on the PSI guage ( i dunno if that means 260 or 2600 or something, but anyways, its at 26 right now) is that a good psi?

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,573 Posts
The recommended tire pressure info can be found in several places. Your owner's manual or sticker located inside driver's door.

26psi is too low. I generally run anywhere between 32-36psi on stock size tires.

·
"I BUILD SLEEPERS"
2014 4Runner TEP
2,558 Posts
MykeLefty said:
i looked in the owners manual and found nothing :confused:

sticker inside drivers door? i'll go look for that
because it can be found on your tires.... It states the maximun psi you can run... I usually run 40psi on my echo to save more gas... And I run 32 to 38psi on my Camry

·
Mitsubishi Diamante Owner
'03 Diamante
1,743 Posts
My door sticker on my 01 says if you have 14s to use 30psi and if you have 15s use 29psi with up to 4 occupants.

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,573 Posts
further to what Wraith said...run slightly higher psi to reduce the contact area ,thus reducing drag and increase fuel economy. Keep in mind you loose handling characteristics with different psi. Higher pressure will give you a harsh ride on crappy roads. While too soft a tire will make your steering less responsive. Find a pressure that feels right for you using the the numbers provided as a guideine.

BTW- always check tire pressure on cold tires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts