Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After a 2 week wait for my Dr. Isotopes .600" cage raisers.
All the parts have arrive.

TWM short throw shifter, NST SSK, NST Cable bushings. TWM Base bushing(selling). Dr. Isotopes .600" cage raisers.

here is the TWM combined with NST SSK.

Got it in.

no stock comparison of mines but I will use Kniterider's

than his twm short throw.

now mines. Kniterider is a tiny bit longer than mines. I need a better angle to show the throws more.

Over all I am in Love with the feel. Very very solid and VERY REDUCED Throws.

What I want to get rid of is my brand new TRD xb/xrs quick shift. Along with my TWM metal base bushing. for 120 shipped!

Feed back and anything else is welcome

I also got a heavy box, and it has Hotchkis written all over it =/

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
awesome man! that actually looks short and crisp. :thumbsup: seems like this is the best combo to have as a Short shifter.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Not a expert with these kinds of things lol. But what modification did you do? :lol:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
he took out his trd quickshifter and installed the twm shortshifter.
No, my TRD quickshifter is brand new, unopened nor installed. Which I'm looking to sell

I took out my stock rod and install the TWM that I combined with NST ssk to give me more reduction

·
Registered
09 XRS
44 Posts
might be a stupid question... but if you add the trd quickshift kit to the setup you have now, wouldnt that make the throws even shorter:naughty:
:lol:

·
Registered
09 XRS
44 Posts
ahh... well then that answers that question... just gonna invest in shifter bushings and that nst thing on the bottom of the twm shifter

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
might be a stupid question... but if you add the trd quickshift kit to the setup you have now, wouldnt that make the throws even shorter:naughty:
:lol:
Kniterider had a twm with the trd quicm shift and it was a no go.

I had the trd quickshift by itself not with twm. It could work together.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
But you said it would interfere and cable such
I would suggest since you have it install it and decide for yourself on how it feels. I would be interested in knowing your opinion on it. You can always take it off again. Give it a shot.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
hm.. there goes my sale value on the trd, but what the hey, I'll give it a try and report back tomorrow
dont worry about resale value, used or unused, you cant sell it for the price you bought it so might as well just give it a shot.

btw, make sure you install is properly, since you will be playing with the shift cables you dont want to mess something up.

the big nut/part that holds down one of the cables is a kinda tough to remove. use a set of pliers to grab the flat part of it and slowly wiggle it out. and when you put it back make sure it sits flush and flat, you will have to hammer it down in place.

if you run into any problems just post it up here. there should be absolutely no play in the shifter after the install. good luck!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts