Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1992 xtra cab 4x4
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, had an engine light come on. it was diagnosed as an O2 sensor, so if anyone has replaced this before and could help me out, i would appreciate it.

·
Registered
1992 xtra cab 4x4
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well, cant delete this unfortunately, but i went out and got a haynes.

figured it out, thanks.

·
Registered
2001 Toyota Tacoma
56 Posts
I Have Changed Several Of These In My Other Auto's Over The Years. They Are Not That Hard To Change Just Be Sure To Use A Good Penitraiting Oil On The Bolts Before You Attempt To Remove Them. Pb Blaster Works Great. The Haynes Manual Gives Step By Step Instuctions On How To Remove And Install Them.

·
Registered
1992 xtra cab 4x4
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah... well, i crawled under there last night, and the bolts are so rusted through that they are round now. should i remove that section of exhaust to get at the front one? it appears that this section around the cat just bolts on/off.

the back sensor bolts are so bad that i can see thread in one place. the front ones arent as bad, but im having a difficult time getting any leverage where they are located.

·
Registered
2001 Toyota Tacoma
56 Posts
I Have Removed The Rusted Bolts With A Good Pair Of Vise Grips. You Will Need To Soak The Area With Pb Blaster And Tap The Head Of The Bolts With A Hammer To Help Break The Rust Around The Threads Then You Can Remove The Bolts With The Vise Grips.

·
Registered
1992 xtra cab 4x4
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
new question!
does anyone know the specs on the nuts that are used for the O2 sensor? size and thread count? these are pretty bad, and i dont want to tear them off until i have a way to put the new one on.

also, once ive gotten the sensor back in, should the light go off, or will i have to have it reset?

·
Offical TN Hillbilly
2002 Silverado
1,757 Posts
I just got some generic O2 sensors and welded in new bungs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts