Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having trouble disconnecting the elcetrical plug for the O2 sensor. Is there some secret? PLEASE HELP!

·
Registered
1998 Camry CE
2,072 Posts
Post a pic of the connector. because I just took my plug off with no problems.

I slid a small screwdriver tip to pry up at the locking tab. then pulled.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll get a picture posted of the front one. I'm working on the rear (bank 1) sensor (before converter). I am unable to get either of them apart. As soon as I have a pic, I'll get it posted.

·
Aptleo
99 Toyota Solara SLE
2 Posts
ejw67251 said:
I'll get a picture posted of the front one. I'm working on the rear (bank 1) sensor (before converter). I am unable to get either of them apart. As soon as I have a pic, I'll get it posted.
Is O2 sensor on bank 1, the one near to the front grille, or the one on the back?

I have an Engine Check light problem too, and the guy who gave me the code read-out pointed to the sensor on the front. I replaced it myself, and reset the engine using the battery terminals. The light went off for sometime, and now is back on. So am having second thoughts.

Could you direct me on how to get to the correct O2 sensor? I also have the traction control going off problem mentioned elsewhere, but no solution yet. The aforementioned mechanic told me that's linked to the O2 sensor, though I can't figure out how. The traction control off light has not come on again, but I haven't been pushing the engine since I replaced the sensor.

Help!!

·
Registered
1998 Camry CE
2,072 Posts
there is a grooved tab that you need to press down to release the connector lock, then it slides apart.

·
Registered
3 Posts
andyptauro said:
Is O2 sensor on bank 1, the one near to the front grille, or the one on the back?

I have an Engine Check light problem too, and the guy who gave me the code read-out pointed to the sensor on the front. I replaced it myself, and reset the engine using the battery terminals. The light went off for sometime, and now is back on. So am having second thoughts.

Could you direct me on how to get to the correct O2 sensor? I also have the traction control going off problem mentioned elsewhere, but no solution yet. The aforementioned mechanic told me that's linked to the O2 sensor, though I can't figure out how. The traction control off light has not come on again, but I haven't been pushing the engine since I replaced the sensor.

Help!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
02 Sensor

The code reader identifies my problem as follows: PO135 02 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1). My car is a 2000 V6 Solara (Engine 1MZFE). The employee at the auto parts store identifies this as the sensor located in the front of the engine on the exhaust manifold. The part number on this sensor is: Densco 89465-06030. On-line I find this number cross referenced to P/N 234-4622. The best internet price I found was $102.54, but a couple even cheaper on E-bay.
To disconnect the 4 pin connector just squeeze the serrated tab on the top part of the connector and pull the two halves apart. It took me about 30 minutes to figure this out. It is difficult to get a good grip on the lower half of the connector so I disconnected some wiring and hose clamps for better access.
The traction control circuit definitely runs thru this connector. My traction control dash light came on shortly after the engine light and would not go off when the traction control switch on the console was actuated. With the sensor connector disconnected the traction control light goes on and off when the switch is actuated.
I cleaned the sensor in solvent and replaced it, and then disconnected the negative battery terminal for a couple of minutes. Neither the engine or traction control light came on when I started the engine, but a day later the engine light was back on, but the traction control light has not come on and turns on and off when the switch is actuated. Have ordered a new sensor, so will give a report when it is installed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi! I am new to this forum, please help!
Last week I noticed that my engine light started showing up so I went to Checkers and got the engine scanned. The error came out to be P0135 and he advised to get the upstream oxygen sensor replaced. Unfortunately, they did not have the exact one for my car, so I am looking for it online but there are so many variants and is confusing. I shall be thankful if you can help me find the exact one. My cars particulars are as follows:-
2000 TOYOTA CAMRY SOLARA SE/SLE
VIN: 2T1FF------------
World region: North America, Manufactured in: Canada
Year: 2000, Make: Toyota, Model: CAMRY SOLARA SE/SLE
Body style: Convertible, Transmission: 4 Spd Automatic,
Drive type: FWD, Fuel type: Gas, Cylinders: 6 Cylinders
The original part already fitted in the car has a part number:-
Toyota 89465-06030 Denso 0310
Please advise.
Thanks
Sid

1 - 9 of 9 Posts