Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Toyota Camry Lumiere 2.0 5speed
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone.
I realize this post is a bit of an intro in the gen forum, but I’ll be posting all my questions and modifications on a single thread in the future as this car is slightly more particular than some and may require referencing older posts in the future.

What is it?
1993 Toyota Camry Lumiere 2.0 AWD 3Sfe 5speed

How’d I get it?
Imported from Sapporo Japan the car is pretty much rust free, and came with low miles at 60k kilometers.

Why!
having the opportunity to be a second owner on an imported car has been something I’ve been intersted in for some time. I finally chose this gem after deciding that big body rwd cars aren’t my style even as much as I appreciate them.
An imported van is my next move, But until then I’d like to give this Camry as much love as my time and money allows.

Thanks for taking the time to view and I hope the collective knowledge of you all takes Oji Chan and me to a level of performance and build quality we can all appreciate.

·
Premium Member
1993 Camry SE,V6-5MT
2,652 Posts
WOW, that is a beaut. If I recall correctly, wasn't that 4WD using the Celica drivetrain? (narrower than the Camry we got in the states, the Celica fit it).
Also, note the folding and convex exterior mirrors, WAY better than anything we got in the states (I bought a pair from Europe to fit to my wide body Camry. Very much like them.

Does the back window have a wiper? Is there an exhaust fan located in the rear package tray (for exhausting cigarette smoke)? Those were options never offered here!

·
Registered
1993 Toyota Camry Lumiere 2.0 5speed
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks norm,
I have a lot to learn about the awd system. I was told from a celica owner that the system is not the same. We will see what some more research yields. I also am looking for the opportunity to get the car on a lift and see exactly what’s under there.
The unique options are limited to the fog lamps, folding mirrors and a weird setting available with the heater that can simultaneously run heat down low and AC from the top vents.
The car has a few, if any dealer options.
There are many other slightly different things about the car related to no DOT confrontations. Convex mirrors, lightly tinted glass, etc.

Reactions: NOTAMR2
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.