Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my 2011 Toyota Camry LE 4cylinder for its annual emissions test and when it was plugged into the service tech informed me my OBD II port is not communicating. Any ideas how to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2017 Camry LE 2.5L
49 Posts
My off the cuff guess would be that maybe the connector may have corrosion or somehow dirty contacts.

Couple ideas, I would suggest taking it to one of the parts stores such as Auto Zone, Advance Auto Parts, etc. and have them scan for check engine codes, even if the check engine light is not on. Virtually all of them will do this for free. Reason I suggest this is that if their scanner works with your car, then the problem is somehow with the scanner used by the emissions tech. Either that or any mechanic shop would have an OBD II scanner.

You indicated in the other post that the battery connection was burned, I wonder if maybe one or more of the connections to the OBD II port somehow got burned?

OBD II scanners are not all that expensive and can be useful to have in case of the check engine light coming on.

·
Mechanic by Necessity!
178 Posts
Find the fuse for the circuit that powers the port and check it. Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts