Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found what I believe to be a OBD-II scan tool connector in my 94 LE V6...the lil compartment tray that covers the fuses...there is a connector right there????

Well.....screw all this jumper pin business!!!! Taking it to AutoZone and find out what code I got!!! LOL!!!!

Who knew this thing was hiding in there?

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Yeah I discovered it in my 94 the other week too. I was excited after trying to mess with jumper pins to figure out the CEL.

Then I looked at the freeze frame data and saw that the CEL was triggered at 137 MPH. Not while I was driving it.

I haven't hit more than 40 MPH in that car yet haha.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well...being as my car is pretty beat up...and the owners manual...........long gone.....I had NO IDEA!! I was all sorts of excited....and my code

p0401....egr......exactly what I had hoped it was.....hehehe...cheap simple and easy fix....which be done tomorrow after work. :thumbsup:

thanks all!

·
TN's Mad Chemist
95 Camry
3,127 Posts
everyone:thumbsup:. its in your owners manual.
:lol: Took the words right out of my mouth. All 94+ V6 Camry's are 100% OBDII compliant. I think 94 and 95 I4's are only partial OBDII compliant though. But its always a pleasant discovery :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:lol: Took the words right out of my mouth. All 94+ V6 Camry's are 100% OBDII compliant. I think 94 and 95 I4's are only partial OBDII compliant though. But its always a pleasant discovery :)

that it was. I had read that SOME of the 94 were OBD-II compliant.....I was pleased to see I had that........especially after AutoZone first told me that they couldnt read my code(s)....it was VERY funny to argue back and prove that I WAS right and THEY were wrong....thats ALWAYS fun!!!

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,675 Posts
that it was. I had read that SOME of the 94 were OBD-II compliant.....I was pleased to see I had that........especially after AutoZone first told me that they couldnt read my code(s)....it was VERY funny to argue back and prove that I WAS right and THEY were wrong....thats ALWAYS fun!!!
They go by what they've been trained fer and what's in the book. It's a good thing when you can "update" their knowledge fer free... ;)

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
All 94+ 1MZ's were FULLY OBDII compatible.
All 96+ 5S's were FULLY OBDII compatible.

:rtfm: :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts