Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fiance changed the oil in my 07 Yaris and left the oil cap off. I drove to work the next day and on the way back the car threw an P0141 code. I found the oil cap was off and replaced it, cleared the code and drove the car the next day to find it came back on again.
I ended up changing out the fuel injectors suspecting they may be an issue with 150,000 on the car but the issue did not clear up. I replaced the plugs and cleaned all of the electrical connections then tested for vacuum leaks using carb cleaner with the engine idling but found no other issues.
I took the car for a drive yesterday and on the way home she bucked a little then would not accelerate over 20MPH. I took slow back roads home and she would give me trouble for a minute then begin revving higher and accelerate up to 45-50 but occasionaly stalling while driving. She would start right back up but give me trouble getting above 20MPH again for a minute.
I pulled the codes and this time there were a half dozen or so that I do not have with me at the moment, but one of the codes was C3101. I have searched quite a bit and have found many references to people getting this code in different types of vehicles but not one explanation of what it meant.

Anyone have any idea if leaving the oil cap off the engine would cause these problems and what the actual nature of any problems caused would be rather than replacing parts until it works again?
I have a replacement forward O2 sensor when I get a chance to get under the car to replace it.

·
Cressida nut
4,578 Posts
C means it's a chassis code, first digit being a 3 means it's up to the manufacturer. That means it varies between manufacturers and even cars.

I'd get a 2007 Yaris factory repair manual and look it up. Could be just about anything not covered by a P code (ABS, TCS, SIR, network, etc)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was hoping someone on here would have the chassis codes but I have not been able to find anything.
I do not see how leaving the oil cap off could cause these issues. I can understand it throwing codes while the cap was off and shortly after putting it on but the issue is getting worse now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After replacing the fuel injectors the car began throwing the following codes.
P0301
C3101
P0201
P1300

Under Pending codes
P0401
C3101
P0201
P1321
B1500

I replaced the upstream O2 sensor and now the only code thrown is P0113 so apparently the O2 sensor was bad and so is the MAF sensor. I have twice cleaned the MAF but this code appears nearly instantly after being cleared so I have a new MAF sensor on the way.

I would still like to know what the C3101 code means and the B1500 if anyone has a list.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
the_nite_owl
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing