Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching for a couple of days to find the denso part number for bank1 sensor2 for my 2011 Rav4. I can find no cross reference anywhere. Denso specifies downstream left or downstream right. I found an exploded view of my V6 engine but can't tell if my sensor is left or right. It seems to be in the center of the vehicle in the exhaust pipe. So show me in writing somewhere on the net how to determine whether to purchase downstream left or downstream right Denso sensor.

·
Registered
05 camry 07 tacoma
2,364 Posts
"So show me in writing somewhere on the net how to determine whether to purchase downstream left or downstream right Denso sensor."
Try rockauto.com. Believe Bank 1 is the right side ( side of engine nearest firewall).

Are you having check engine light/error code?

·
Super Moderator
12,808 Posts
Bank 1 sensor 2 is downstream of the cat. Post the error code it’s throwing and we’d be happy to confirm which one it is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
OK, just ran obd again and got this -

P0137 - Powertrain
O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage
Bank 1 Sensor 2

Yes I have the engine drawing and bank 1 is closet to the firewall but this left and right is not logical to me. So your saying the center point reference for left or right is between the two cylinder banks? If yes, then what side of the car are you looking from, drivers side or passenger side?

I'm using post 2 image from this thread - https://www.toyotanation.com/forum/104-camry-5th-6th-gen-2002-2006-2007-2011-2nd-gen-solara-2004-2008/470305-location-cylinder-6-v6.html

·
Super Moderator
12,808 Posts
Ah, OK. That’s definitely the downstream sensor. Looking in Denso’s online catalog here, there are two downstream sensors, one “left” (p/n 234-4261) and one “right” (p/n 234-4501), so you need the one for the “right” bank. They’re usually the same sensor but with different length cables.

The right Vs left naming convention goes back to rear wheel drive cars, where the front of the engine had the accessories mounted on it, and left and right were as if you’re sitting in the driver’s seat. So in an application with the engine mounted sideways, it’s understandably confusing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, thanks. If I order from rockauto do I get charged duty and taxes? Are they good to deal with? I see amazon.ca is $9 more.

·
Super Moderator
12,808 Posts
I’ve had nothing but good experiences buying from Rockauto. I have no idea about duty and taxes for you though. Amazon is solid too, but be careful who the seller is. There are counterfeits out there. Make sure the seller is “Denso”. Not “Joe’s A1 auto parts” or something weird like that.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
16 Scion tC
19,660 Posts
being in Ontario Canada, Rockauto will charge taxes and duty, plus shipping... but the part is still a LOT cheaper than say Canadian Tire, Partsman, Hot Spot, Napa, or any other parts shop I've dealt with.

If I know I need a part and I can take my time, I get it from Rockauto, if I'm stuck and it's something I need ASAP then I go local and try to get the best price.

Example, 2 weeks ago I had the cyl 4 COP go bad on the 2GRFE RAV4, unfortunately I could not wait to have it shipped from Rockauto, so I had to go local... best price I could find for a COP locally was at Hot Spot Auto parts... $84 CDN + tax came to about $96 I think, same part from Rockauto is $36 CDN, plus shipping, Customs and Taxes I'm thinking tops about $60. :eek: Big difference in price, lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts