Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
F'ing 3sgte swap ARGH!!!!
Celica 6th Gen Convt
Joined
·
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, alot of ppl keep telling me tat if i love my baby, i shd not feed her with the 87 octane gas..

erm i do it cause it's cheap.. and i feel that if doesn't make a diff....

what do u guys think... from what i've seen there's 87, 89 and 91 rite...
 

·
F'ing 3sgte swap ARGH!!!!
Celica 6th Gen Convt
Joined
·
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh, BTW please don't start flaming me... from where i come from, which is Singapore, that is in Asia, from pump we get 95, 97 and 99 selection...

and i feel that there is no significant difference,
 

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
Joined
·
3,546 Posts
What kind of engine? If you have a 5sfe.... 87 is fine.... if it is the 3sgte... go with 91 or better.
 

·
F'ing 3sgte swap ARGH!!!!
Celica 6th Gen Convt
Joined
·
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rite now is 5sfe... hoping and saving to drop a turbo into her.... and make it into a 3sgte.. is that the rite version?
 

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
Joined
·
3,546 Posts
Running 87 on the 5sfe is perfectly fine. As long as the engine isn't knocking.... why pay more for gas? Whoever is telling you that is an ass clown. As soon as you get that 3sgte... plan on putting at least 91 in there though. Maybe 91 and h2o injection.
 

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
Joined
·
2,194 Posts
I put the middl stuff :eek::
 

·
F'ing 3sgte swap ARGH!!!!
Celica 6th Gen Convt
Joined
·
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, gas is expensive...

good point on the 3sgte.. now saving up for it..

ishcoleobo said:
Running 87 on the 5sfe is perfectly fine. As long as the engine isn't knocking.... why pay more for gas? Whoever is telling you that is an ass clown. As soon as you get that 3sgte... plan on putting at least 91 in there though. Maybe 91 and h2o injection.
 

·
Gen5.5 Sportivo V6
04 Camry Sportivo V6
Joined
·
554 Posts
yeah gas is getting expensive :mad:

but i still fill my car with PULP :lol:

here we got 93 Regular and 98 Premium,
there are a few places which have 95 Premium....but those are like tiny little petrol stations :p:

i dont care what anybody says. I personally feel that the car has a bit more power with premium, and also runs more smoother.....my dad thinks so aswell ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,023 Posts
anyone know what should be used on the 03 Lancer's OZ rally, i've been looking for info on the min. octane but its isn't as easy as our camry's to find.
 

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
Joined
·
1,339 Posts
terrynham said:
yeah gas is getting expensive :mad:

but i still fill my car with PULP :lol:

here we got 93 Regular and 98 Premium,
there are a few places which have 95 Premium....but those are like tiny little petrol stations :p:

i dont care what anybody says. I personally feel that the car has a bit more power with premium, and also runs more smoother.....my dad thinks so aswell ;)
Up until about 2 days ago, all my dumpy little town had was 95... made the 20v run like crap. :mad: Knocking and pinging etc. And to think, i'm still paying 129.9 cents/L for 98... i hate this town. Good thing i'm moving soon.

It does give u better mialege on PULP tho..
 

·
The Oddity
Gen 4.5 Camry
Joined
·
809 Posts
terrynham said:
yeah gas is getting expensive :mad:

but i still fill my car with PULP :lol:

here we got 93 Regular and 98 Premium,
there are a few places which have 95 Premium....but those are like tiny little petrol stations :p:

i dont care what anybody says. I personally feel that the car has a bit more power with premium, and also runs more smoother.....my dad thinks so aswell ;)
regular ulp is 91RON.

caltex and bp sell 95RON pulp and they aren't tiny little stations.

i've been filling up my car with 95RON pulp since i got it and its running good. no problems with it. the milage is pretty good with it too, i can get 600km on one tank if i really run her dry, but i usually get about 500 or so km per tank running 95RON.
 

·
Official Acura Troll
Joined
·
1,292 Posts
bowlofturtle said:
anyone know what should be used on the 03 Lancer's OZ rally, i've been looking for info on the min. octane but its isn't as easy as our camry's to find.
it'll say near the back of your owner's manual.
 

·
Registered
1990 Celica GTS
Joined
·
2,714 Posts
Higher grade gas are cleaner and has more additive to clean the fuel system. Try 1 tank of the good stuff. If you think you feel a different, keep using it. I can feel different on every grade in my Corolla.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
445 Posts
hmm. I just checked and found out my dads CR on his Jag S-type is 10.5:1 Same as the 1MZ, and that uses 87 octane. Ive been telling him for years he doesnt need 93 octane, but he insists the car runs badly on 89
 

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
Joined
·
3,192 Posts
Rolla97 said:
hmm. I just checked and found out my dads CR on his Jag S-type is 10.5:1 Same as the 1MZ, and that uses 87 octane. Ive been telling him for years he doesnt need 93 octane, but he insists the car runs badly on 89
I always bring this i know...On my Camry 1mz it states to use 89 octane or better...on my ES300 1mz it states to use 92octane or better. They are the same engines...i really don't see a grade of difference on my camry, solara or ES...but when i had my good ol' celica...there i could 'feel' the differnce a few high octane fill up's did. Since then, i always fill 93+. Overall, i get more milage..and i love my cars...(not doubting the love for those who fill up 87)..its just that i rather fill up w/ higher octane and replace my fuel filter every 30K miles..or replace my fuel filter ever year and fill up with lower octane....I;d choose the former over latter!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,023 Posts
02RSX90camry said:
it'll say near the back of your owner's manual.
actually it wasn't in there because that was the first thing i looked for. because i know it was in my camry manual, it wasn't there. its just a lancer not a evo, so no turbo. i would assume 87 to be ok. but its my g/f's car. all she ever does is put 93 even thought she can't really afford to put that.
 

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
Joined
·
3,546 Posts
jhbhatia said:
I always bring this i know...On my Camry 1mz it states to use 89 octane or better...on my ES300 1mz it states to use 92octane or better. They are the same engines...i really don't see a grade of difference on my camry, solara or ES...but when i had my good ol' celica...there i could 'feel' the differnce a few high octane fill up's did. Since then, i always fill 93+. Overall, i get more milage..and i love my cars...(not doubting the love for those who fill up 87)..its just that i rather fill up w/ higher octane and replace my fuel filter every 30K miles..or replace my fuel filter ever year and fill up with lower octane....I;d choose the former over latter!
Probably different ecu's requiring different tuning and gas etc...
 

·
Auto-Cross Addict
Joined
·
3,837 Posts
02RSX90camry said:
i'm sorry, u hafta be kidding!

the celi GT-S doens't have a turbo, nor does the RSX-S, both of htose require a minimum of 91, due to the higher compression ratio.
Sorry, but I don't study up on either of those cars. So I really wouldn't know what the compression ratio is. But if you read my link, I covered that :)
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top