Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving my new 2021 L CVT last week, I could not get the wipers to stop. They kept going. Thought about pulling over and turning the car off to reset. Resolved it by pulling on wiper stick to spray washer fluid. I don't remember the sequence of actions that caused the wipers to keep going like that. It can't be normal so I may have discovered a glitch.

I will assume that after pulling back on the wiper stick to spray some water, the wipers don't activate automatically? I had to push the stick up to get the wiper going. On my older Corolla, I recall that just by spraying washer fluid would automatically get the wiper blades to do a few wipes.

·
19 Corolla HB SE 6-spd
6,394 Posts
Wipers do activate automatically for a few strokes if you do spray windshield washer fluid (not water) for longer than a few tenths of a second.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Dodge Charger
1,487 Posts
Does your car have the "Wipers on with headlights" function?

·
Registered
60 Posts
If anything I find my rear wiper sometimes has a mind of its own, stops half way through sometimees

·
Registered
2021 Corolla Apex SE 6MT
387 Posts
If anything I find my rear wiper sometimes has a mind of its own, stops half way through sometimees
If you turn it off on the way up it'll land correctly if you turn it off on the way down sometimes it sits odd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts