Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Dave's
1,946 Posts
I personally wouldn't worry about it. Guess you could roll to more level ground before starting. If it's an auto, you might set the brake before putting it in Park. I've seen them become jammed so that it requires uphill pressure to be able to get it out of Park. (Very steep slope for this.)

·
Dave's
1,946 Posts
Sorry, you're right. I thought you were worried about oil draining while parked. I've been up and down some pretty steep mountains without problems, never heard of anyone having problems while 4-wheeling and they sometimes get pretty extreme. Can't imagine it being a problem while running.

·
Premium Member
14,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool, i'm just remembering one driveway in particular in michigan that goes up the side of an old dune about 150-200ft at like a 25 or 30 degree angle! i guess if my dads ford tauras was ok then my rolla would be too.

or those SUPER steep driveways out into a road, the kind that get added later on and your car is tilted forward really really steeply while you're waiting for traffic to move. those sort of freak me out.

·
Vivir el momento
Corolla
18,784 Posts
I've climbed Mount Washington in the Corolla via the auto road on a trip a few years ago, 7.6 miles long and averages a 12% grade, with the final hundred yards measuring a 22% grade. It easily took it in stride.

·
Saloon Fanatic
Mr2
709 Posts
As long as your fluids are topped up, shouldn't be an issue in the least. Even at the low mark on the dipstick, the manufacturer has to leave enough headroom that it can be lower and still handle a incline or hill. My old driveway was a 15-20% incline and it had no problem.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
i have a really step hill near me thats gotta be pushing 30-35 deg never noticed any loss of oil pressure on my oil pressure guage going up or down. the only thing you gotta worry about is if the oil is more than 1/2 liter low and going around corners fast, that will cause a flutter in the oil pressure especially lefts?!?!?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts