Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Sienna LE
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just completed a 800 mile road trip MD <> NC. Here is what I noticed on my 2011 LE (Stock) with only 490 miles when I began the trip.

Cruising with the cruise control set (no matter what speed) The GPS ( a tom tom) claimed that I'm consistently 3 mph less than the speed on the speedometer. 65 mph on odometer the gps would read 62.

Anybody notice this difference...

The same GPS on my 01 Accord would say I'm doing a 1 mph more than the reading on the odometer.

So now I'm little confused??? :confused:

·
Registered
2010 Camry SE
30 Posts
2011 Sienna LE w/17's and it is spot on with GPS, so is my 2010 Camry SE w/ 17's.

I always test every car and the Fords I've owned are always off by a few MPH. My bike is off a bit but I think it is by design, meaning that the odo is correct, but the speedo intentionally reads faster than you are going to "trick" you into going slower.

BTW, you don't necessarily need a different tire size to correct it. If you buy a tire with a different "revs" it will fix it also. Tires of the same size are taller or shorter when mounted resulting in a different number of revolutions per mile and having varying effects on the speedo.

Reactions: 2011siennale
1 - 3 of 3 Posts