Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
None required
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see ppl selling OEM bilstien shocks which I'm guessing is standard on TRDs. Would this be an up grade for the 4x4 SR5 Taco? What difference would there be? :dunno: I drive mostly road and beach/sand. Thanks for the input.

·
Official Newb
2006 4x4 Tacoma TRD
1,210 Posts
i suppose that technically, it would be an upgrade. but i'm thinking that it wouldn't be much of a noticable upgrade for you. but maybe i'm wrong

·
Park Ranging
2006 Toyota Tacoma
213 Posts
Someone told me once that the shocks that Bilstien makes for Toyota aren't quite up to par with regular Bilstien shocks. Is this right or was he just trying to get me to buy something that I already have?

·
Registered
769 Posts
i called bilstein a year and a half ago about the oem bilsteins....... they have toyota's warranty, not bilsteins lifetime warranty ( mind you, off-road damage voids all warranties on any bilstein ) any bilstein shock is rebuildable by bilstein, about $65- at the time..... the toyota oem bilsteins are built to "toyota's specs" thats the difference..... and the trd bilsteins are superior to what comes stock on all other toyotas. if you buy someones toyota bilsteins? you'd probably compare what over the counter bilsteins cost $$$$ if it's half the price? i'd say it a deal, considering what the cost of installation would be......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts