Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all...

i have a 93 Corolla Wagon AE101

it came w/ a boring tape deck w/ two speaker @ the front doors...

i want to upgrade to a CD player.. but i just don't like the aftermarket ones.. since it's too flashy... i want to keep it OEM...

so my question is.. if i buy a OEM CD player from other newer Toyota vechical does it work? does it plug and play??

any input would be appreciated... thanks!!! :thumbsup:

·
Proud 93 Corolla owner
Corolla 93
675 Posts
there are some toyota Head units with USB CD/MP3/WMA input OEM came standard on the new CoraXI here in Costa Rica.

CoraXI is short for Corolla Taxi, those are cheaper to run cars using corolla body 2.0 diesel engine and more stuff.

check your dealer, they say its plug & play so it will fit any toyota, maybe some work needed for earlier models

·
Registered
1994 Corolla DX
1,121 Posts
yes you can just get a CD deck that came with the older corollas... Just make sure the back sockets are the same or you can just get a combo like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Toyota-In-Dash-CD-and-Cassette-Stereo-Player-Combo-Nice_W0QQitemZ220398801283QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Audio_In_Dash_Receivers?hash=item220398801283&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318

·
Registered
567 Posts
mine came with a changer. It never worked when I got it but the hu did. Terrible sound quality coupled with those sorry stock cardboard speakers:thumbsdow

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so does that mean all Toyota CD Deck are all intercahgeable?

Thanks alot for the info!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts