Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the dealer. I had a tire balance issue @ 1000 miles. He balanced the Dunlop tires but couldn't get the vibration out of two of them. Two new ones on order.

Any TSBs out on these tires?

Jay

·
Registered
55 Posts
Dunlop's

I have not seen a TSB on the Dunlop's but it seems that everyone that has had the same issue with these tires on their 05 Tacoma, the dealer has changed to a different brand of tire. If the two new Dunlops are a problem then have the dealer change brands. You paid too much to have substandard tires on your truck. I had the same problem and now have some Yokahama Geolanders at no cost to me, other than a little time and frustation.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I had the same problem and gave up after 2 trips to the dealer ans one new tire. I have them sititng in my garage now to go back on at sale time, by then my Revo's will be wore out

G

·
Extremely common problem with those junk tires. Do a search here or on any Toyota forum and you will see nothing but complaints on them. Couple guys here posting they have no problems and like them but they are an extreme minority from my own research on the tires.

Also, visit www.tirerack.com and read all the reviews from unhappy people on those tires. They are the worst rated( ie; by owners via feedback )tire on Tirerack I believe. Something like 2.7-3.0 out of 10( 1 worst and 10 best ).

My Tacoma had out of balance shakes and rattles from the day I picked it up at 2 different speeds. Once I read all the bad reviews on the tires I realized it was not worth the time or effort for me to mess with them. I planned on Revos for the winter anyway( I bought in August )so I just did it then rather then fight with the dealer over it.

So, I took them off at 150 miles and replaced with Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo's. I was able to get $300 selling the Dunlop's so it only cost me an extra $232( $532 M&B out the door )to upgrade to Revo's which are 10,000 better. They give a much better ride, better overall handling, and definitely better bad weather ability.

Just some advice but don't waste any more time on those tires. Try and get new ones( ie; different mfg )from the dealer or just pull them and replace with an appropriate aftermarket tire for your area( Revo's if you see winter weather is my advice ). Not only do the POS Dunlop's have all kinds of balance issues but they are abysmal in wet/bad weather and word is they don't last very long either( less then 20K )even with proper rotation.

Might just be the worst OEM tire on the market right now for trucks. That is saying something when you look at the competition for the worst tires = Goodyear Wrangler and various Firestone tires.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Half and half

My 2006 Taco has the Bridgestone Duelers on; no problems in 1500 miles.
The wife's 2006 4Runner came with the Dunlop Grandtreks. One was vibrating from the beginning. The dealer balanced the wheel and no more probs. at 1930 miles.
They're still new but I'll definitely keep a keen eye on them after reading these posts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts