Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Toyota Celica
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello anyone, so i’m starting my build on a 1993 celica and i’m pulling bits and pieces out of everywhere I can find them for this vehicle, but i’ve been in a lot of trouble with finding the OEM hoodvents. I am wondering if anybody knows a place online I can find them/order from? I’ve found a Japan import website but it is quite pricey. If anyone could help it’d be appreciated! (I found this image that shows what i’m looking for[circled in red])

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
I think if you bought a 1990 All-Trac, you should be prepared for high cost. If you can find those hood vents anywhere, you should get them. Your only other option is to go to www.alltrac.net and see if anyone who is modding their ST185 from USDM to JDM w/water-to-air intercooler (requires a different hood) has a hood for a USDM All-Trac available to sell, or willing to sell these vents separately. We have 2 All-Tracs in the family, and fortunately worked through the parts issues several years ago when there was a bit of a supply for them yet. That supply is much, much less today, and will only get worse in the future.

·
Registered
717 Posts
There are several Celica buy and sell Facebook pages. Join one and wait for the right parts to appear.

·
Registered
1993 Toyota Celica
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys for the responses. I’ve been looking and still having trouble and i’d prefer not to take them off another hood just to leave that hood without vents too, although that hood matches my car, i don’t have a lot to spend so i’m trying to keep on the cheaper side of it all, so buying another hood is not ideal. I’m actually going to get in talks with people who make carbon fibre pieces for these celica’s and see if they can make these or something like that- i’ll be sure to update this page when I talk to them

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
So do you have an All-Trac (ST185)? Or are you trying to make a conventional Celica look like an All-Trac with the hood vents? You didn't mention the larger fresh air scoop on that hood - that's why I'm wondering if you already have that?

·
Registered
1993 Toyota Celica
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sadly, no it is not a st185, it is just a gt, but I liked the hood and wanted to complete it with the OEM vents, which I am missing on my hood. So, yes I have the hood with the larger fresh air scoop, I am just missing the vent inserts (I’ll put a photo of my hood below)

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
In that case, if you have a 5S-FE or a 4A-FE in yours, just be aware your "fresh air intake" empties pretty close to on top of your engine. If you drive it through a car wash or in the rain, you will get the top of your engine nice and wet, and have water running down the hot areas of the engine, and on your electrical components. Just be aware of the risks.

·
Registered
1993 Toyota Celica
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I’ve been trying to figure out something I could do as a possible solution to that problem. It hasn’t been driven often right now though cause we just came out of winter with all the snow and what not on the roads. However, It’ll start being driven more often now that its getting into spring/summer and I can start fixing more of the car. So it hasn’t been a problem in recent times

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.