Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,246 Posts
Holy crap, JUST saw this. REALLY REALLY nice setup! GREAT JOB!

·
抵抗は無駄で&#
2002 Solara SLE V6
9,079 Posts
yup, i find it amazing there is a free database of toyota technical diagrams for everything! i found many missing bolts and a fender apron numbers over there. it's basically the same thing as the dealer has maybe out dated a tad, but most internet stores inform on part number superseding, so no probs!

·
Registered
30 Posts
My contribution to this thread subject.

Most on-line OEM retailers have a place where you can put in a toyota part number and it will bring back a price!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Anyone know how to cross-reference Toyota part numbers for common hardware (bolts, etc.). Doing some exhaust work and I have no idea what size a 91511-80820 bolt is.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wow! Thanks bro, that site is really cool! The info must come from a factory Toyota database. I say this because there are many parts listed that you would never find on the aftermarket. Also, I noticed that an airflow meter for a 1988 Camry lists for almost a grand. I don't think they're nearly that high now. Of course I haven't tried to find the price and availability on an OEM NOS meter lately...

I'm completely amazed at the info available on the Web for Toyota. I'm going to make my own home database from the sites I've seen so I don't have to go online. Plus I can share the info.:thumbsup:

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,105 Posts
Heads up... :(

Site news:
6 December, 2009
The diagrams are no longer available on this site. For reasons that are beyond our comprehension, Toyota of North America kept harrassing our ISP about them. It seems that they are really interested in quick profits from new car sales, so it is in their best interest that old cars fall apart asap.

The progress of course cannot be stopped, and the diagrams are available on numerous other websites around the world, so we feel this change will not have a significant negative impact on Toyota DIY-ers. For example google something like 78-01 ACCELERATOR LINK 78111C, and you shall find it. Contact us if you need help or have any other question on this subject.
Not a drag...but it sure will make things a little more difficult... :(

Reactions: adhd143

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow! Thanks bro, that site is really cool! The info must come from a factory Toyota database. I say this because there are many parts listed that you would never find on the aftermarket. Also, I noticed that an airflow meter for a 1988 Camry lists for almost a grand. I don't think they're nearly that high now. Of course I haven't tried to find the price and availability on an OEM NOS meter lately...

I'm completely amazed at the info available on the Web for Toyota. I'm going to make my own home database from the sites I've seen so I don't have to go online. Plus I can share the info.:thumbsup:
Can anyone tell me what the size of the rear Toyota emblem is on the back of a 2008 Toyota Camry (or Corolla)? The part number is 75741E but I can't find any specs on it. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Heads up... :(

Not a drag...but it sure will make things a little more difficult... :(

BamZipPow - sorry, but I disagree - it IS a drag!
Last August I could not have done the extensive replacement of rusted fuel lines on my '95 T100 (incl. f.pump assy. bracket, f.evap tube/cover assy., gaskets for those and filler tubes, and the two main fuel lines all the way up to the engine compartment) without this site. I would not have known the NAME of the parts even. I actually have you to thank, if I recall, for mentioning the toyodiy site in one of many fuel line and tank disscussions.
The online Toyota parts sites have their "collision" parts list with some diagrams, very hit-or-miss and incomplete. To get any part not in that list requires a part number and yet even with a complete list, how would I have known that "tube, sub-assy., fuel" was the fuel evap. tube/cover assy.?? I needed a picture. Of course I could have gone to the dealer and asked them, but I have gone and waited and been made to feel like a pain in the a$$. And you can't do it by phone: "I'm showin' 4 different tubes there buddy, what model was that?". BS! I was once even sneered at and mocked - "you're not even gonna buy these are you?"
Finding the site diagrams shut down was a shock this spring. They do, however, still have parts listings based on your vehicle VIN# (for accurate model & component breakdowns) which give part #'s and most recently acquired (list?) prices. Not so helpful when part#1234567 "clip" doesn't tell you if it's the one holding the fuel line, the wiring or the gas tank in place. I guess it's better than nothing, which is just about what you get at a dealer.
Come on Toyota! When will you realise that your biggest selling point is reliability and that DIYer's bragging about their quarter or half million miles plays a big part in that perception? Word-of-mouth and on forums like this one. Do you want to shoot yourself in the foot another time? Put those diagrams up online and throw in older manuals (say 10+ years) for good measure.
So anyway, BZP, I'll have to go back to some of those T100 threads and find the gas tank/fuel line posts of yours and rack you up another thank you for the insight and info you gave, the diy website you shared, and I think there were even some good photos involved (maybe - don't remember). Oh yeah, AND the opportunity to mouth-off above (sure felt good). Thanks - Bear

·
2015 4 Runner SR5
4,583 Posts
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share a link that may be useful (at least it was for me)

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/

Enjoy

- Sig
Awesome! Thanks for that! I had to make certain my trim was proper, as just inputting the VIN did not do the trick, so double check your transmission selection, trim, etc.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts