Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day,
I have a black Camry 2016 LE with cream interior (cloth seats). I want to try and preserve its pristine look at the moment.
1. Can anyone recommend seat covers that are not too expensive, fits properly, and actually protects the seats? I bought one set off ebay for an older 2005 Highlander I used to have (I guess you get what you pay for - looked nice on the laptop but wouldn't fit properly when it arrived).
I am a grad student and broke the bank to get the car at auction so please be gentle.
2. Also recommendations for mats to put over the black original Toyota mats.
I already ordered a leather wheel cover for the steering wheel.
3. As to detailing myself, what's the easiest way to clean the seats (have a few smudges from some mech work) - recommendations on materials and cleaners, etc also welcome!

Basically looking for advice and materials to get to keep the car as good looking for as long as possible!
Thanks!

·
2013 LE
2013 Camry LE
251 Posts
3. As to detailing myself, what's the easiest way to clean the seats (have a few smudges from some mech work) - recommendations on materials and cleaners, etc also welcome!

Basically looking for advice and materials to get to keep the car as good looking for as long as possible!
Thanks!
I used a carpet shampooer with an upholstery attachment to clean my seats (2013 LE). I think the prior owner had dogs on them and also spilled coffee. I used a mixture of 1/3 LA Awesome cleaner with 2/3rds warm water and it worked great. You might have to do a water-only rinse afterwards. LA Awesome comes in a lavender and an amber color liquid cleaner. I'd use the amber one on cream-colored seats.

·
Photojournalist
2012 Camry LE
1,807 Posts
The only "properly" fit from what it sounds like you want, would be custom covers. $200 and up just for fronts.
Get the better O'REILLY, Autozone
etc for $60-80 and live with it.
Take the mats out and use weather liner type.
If it's not grease on the seat, use a damp cloth first. Do the whole section within the stitches boundary or you'll see a water stain.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Added the car to the Autozone website (so it can auto-detect seat covers that fit), and it came up with the message "We're sorry, but there are no results in this parts category for 2016 Toyota Camry LE. Please select another vehicle or click on the Parts tab at the top of the page to see the available parts for this vehicle."

There's an O'Reilly a few miles away. I will probably go there during the week. Called them and the fellow that answered said something about a "universal" seat cover (doesn't sound too good).

The only "properly" fit from what it sounds like you want, would be custom covers. $200 and up just for fronts.
Get the better O'REILLY, Autozone
etc for $60-80 and live with it.
Take the mats out and use weather liner type.
If it's not grease on the seat, use a damp cloth first. Do the whole section within the stitches boundary or you'll see a water stain.

·
Photojournalist
2012 Camry LE
1,807 Posts
That's what I was talking about. Make sure it's lowback.
You either have to do that or bite the bullet.

·
346 Posts
Added the car to the Autozone website (so it can auto-detect seat covers that fit), and it came up with the message "We're sorry, but there are no results in this parts category for 2016 Toyota Camry LE. Please select another vehicle or click on the Parts tab at the top of the page to see the available parts for this vehicle."

There's an O'Reilly a few miles away. I will probably go there during the week. Called them and the fellow that answered said something about a "universal" seat cover (doesn't sound too good).
Try using the years 14 or 15 and see what happens.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Pretty much the only way you are going to preserve these items is to park the car in the driveway and not drive it.

Buy a second set of mats, you can find them fairly cheap on ebay. When yours get abused or when you sell the car you can put the freshies in.

Buy a set of winter mats to use during the winter. I picked up a set of aries style guard which i think look very subtle and nice.

Buy a second set of seat covers for when yours wear out? No way im putting slip covers on a seat for the next owner to enjoy it the new seat.

Leather steering wheel cover may be ok if its done right, only because it adds some thickness.

Heres the short of it.. i take pride in the care of the things i own, but i also recognize this is a Camry, not a ferrari, not a benz, not an american classic muscle car..

In two three five ten years, if your camry seats, floormats, and steering wheel are absolutely pristine, its still going to be *just* a camry that is going to be bought by some guy who will never pay you thousands above market value because your floormats are new.

I do believe in changing these things to help the sale of the car in a market where private sales are dying, but only where the proce justifies it and not to the extent that I have to sacrifice my own use/enjoyment of the car.

Like i said i take care of my cars also but there is nothing you can do negate wear and tear on wear and tear items. It would be like you asking how do you keep the original brake pads from wearing.

One thing you CAN do for the floor mats however is buy some thick rubber stick on sheeting and place it in the area where your heel touches. Those areas will wear down in no time.

·
Photojournalist
2012 Camry LE
1,807 Posts
Background: Iggee seat covers are one of the two brands used by Jeep Wrangler folks.
Right now Iggee has fake leather in Grey, black, or black with charcoal center for $139 shipped on ebay. Iggee always sells for less on ebay.

It's a misleading sale there. It appears to be one seat. I got a msg from them the price is for two fronts.
They are listed as Toyota Camry 2012-2016, but I cannot verify that.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I got the Toyota Rubber floor liners and really like them on the job site. They are easy to clean and I stored the carpet 1s for personal trips and vacations. E bay had them cheap

·
Registered
2015 Toyota Camry V6 XLE
1,246 Posts
WeatherTech for floor mats. Very good on holding snow, rain or liquid spills.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts