Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Tacoma
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03' tacoma with rear wheel lock so when one wheel is stuck they both spin and not just the loose wheel. I was wondering to what extent will my truck be able to go off road, like will it go on the beach or what

·
Offical TN Hillbilly
2002 Silverado
1,757 Posts
It will do fairly well stock. It will handle light trail duty. From the looks of your pic you have the stock all terrains. They will have a hard time in the mud. The beech should not be a problem. If you get stuck, do not lock up and floor it. You will only dig the hole deeper. Put it in low and try to crawl out. If that does not work break out the strap and have somebody pull you out, or get out the shovel and try to dig out the area in front of the tires and use the dirt to fill in the hole under the tire. Stick to designated trails in appropriate areas. Never wheel alone.

·
Registered
2003 Tacoma
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea I took it through the mud but not like 3 feet deep it was just mud and it took it ok but I didnt know how it would do on the beach but like o the loose sand you think that itl be ok?

·
Offical TN Hillbilly
2002 Silverado
1,757 Posts
Try to stay on the hard pack as much as possible. Air down for the loose stuff.

·
Registered
2003 Tacoma
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea I def. would let air out of my tires learning from other times and other trucks

·
C-5 Mekinik
237 Posts
Just remember - lockers and 4wd were built to allows us to get stuck in much worse loactions than we ever could in 2wd! LOLOL!!!!!

·
trd04taco
2004 Tacoma 4WD TRD
476 Posts
I took mine out on the dunes 100% stock and it did alright. I only got stuck once and that's when I slid off a dune into a juniper tree. Usually you can get un-stuck in the sand with low range or rocking it. You'd be amazed the places a stock TRD Tacoma can go. Just don't try anything too crazy without another truck around to pull your stuck truck out.

·
trd04taco
2004 Tacoma 4WD TRD
476 Posts
Oh, just read that you only have 2WD. The locker will help, but you'll probably have some trouble in soft sand. I'd only go out on the dunes with another truck unless you can stay on the wet packed part the whole time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts