Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Platinum Shift Customs
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boss is heading to Japan for a new vehicle show from Toyota - so all of you's can stop speculating and wait till we hear some facts by about mid Oct.

·
Platinum Shift Customs
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have NO idea :p: all i know is that he is going to a new vehicle show to display the up and coming vehicles.

·
'10 XRS (05 & 09 XRS RIP)
2010 Corolla XRS
1,570 Posts
All the Toyota Dealer owners were challenged last year by the President that if they managed to achieve 10% market share in Canada...then they would be flown to attend the annual new vehicle intro show in Japan.

The dealers are all very excited about this. My bet is that it's in Toyota City (where else?) ;)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Put in a word about meeting a better than 10% market share if they bring back an updated RWD version of the 1987 Corolla GTS or 1982 SR5 Coupe with the Hemi Engine.

Right now Toyota's car line sucks, just a bunch of 4 door sedans. Ford's Mustang is looking good along with Chryslers 300.

Hemi3TC

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Hemi3TC said:
Put in a word about meeting a better than 10% market share if they bring back an updated RWD version of the 1987 Corolla GTS or 1982 SR5 Coupe with the Hemi Engine.

Right now Toyota's car line sucks, just a bunch of 4 door sedans. Ford's Mustang is looking good along with Chryslers 300.

Hemi3TC
:thumbup:

·
2010 Corolla XRS
1,570 Posts
Huh? What makes you think I'm going to Japan? :confused:
There's nothing to be gained in the car market anymore because it's saturated. Besides I'm sure Toyota already know there's a gap in their sportscar market before any of us knows. Good things take time to develop - so give it time. Otherwise you might get a vehicle that falls apart like a Chrysler tranny or rolls over like a Ford.:rolleyes: :lol:

Now I hate to say this (because I like sports cars too), but sports cars represent such an insignificant part of any top 6 auto manufacturer that it's hardly worth the time for anyone anymore. The money's on the sedans and mini-vans. Just because we want it here on TN doesn't mean they can sell 50,000 cars and justify the cost of a new model. But we can always cross our fingers that there's something just around the corner....:D

·
Registered
220 Posts
Well then tell your boss to pass along the message. :confused:
:hammer:

Sure the sports car market is saturated just like every other market. There is big money in that market. That is why those who can not compete drop out. Saying it is a small market is a cop out. Toyota already dropped out of all their sports models now and just have cosmetic sports cars. Hyundai's Tiburon probably killed the Celica's sales. If they design well, they will come, Chrysler needs to add a third shift for there 300C.

Some companies make money at it and the new Mustang will sell train loads full. At least with a Mustang you can get parts forever. That goes to show its popularity.

Now only if Toyota will go after that market with the same greed it goes after Ford's F-150 market.

Toyota does not even have to build a whole new sports car from scratch. It can use the Lexus IS300 platform as a base for a new sports car. The R+D is all paid for. All they need to do is slap a 87 GTS coupe style body on it, reduce the dead weight and their ready to rock and roll.

Toyota needs to learn a lesson from Hyundai.

"Hyundai has been listening to sports car enthusiasts who want a coupe that not only drives like a serious sports car, but looks like a serious sports car too." :thumbup:

"2003 Hyundai Tiburon 2.7 litre V6" too bad its FWD. :(

http://www.canadiandriver.com/roadtest/03tiburon.htm

Hemi3TC

·
2010 Corolla XRS
1,570 Posts
What does my boss have to do with that either? :confused: I'm in IT, not cars. Geez the way you're talking you'd think I have connections I call the same place everyone else has to to voice comments and concerns: 1-888-TOYOTA-8. You should too. :hammer: :lol:

And yeah...the operative statement is... "too bad it's a Hyundai" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
220 Posts
:eek: :D

Sorry about that. I was referring to the first post in this thread. Not to your message specifically. Must have hit the wrong reply button at the wrong place.

""
Off to meeting in Japan for Toyota

My boss is heading to Japan for a new vehicle show from Toyota - so all of you's can stop speculating and wait till we hear some facts by about mid Oct.

""

Hemi3TC

1 - 13 of 13 Posts