Toyota Nation Forum banner

81 - 100 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just had the below TSB performed today on my 2017 XLE. I confirmed that it applies to Canada as well. I Did not know that dealers were not obliged to inform customers or perform TSBs without customers express wishes!
T-SB-0194-17: Lack of Power/High RPM Shift Point/Hesitation

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
I Did not know that dealers were not obliged to inform customers or perform TSBs without customers express wishes!
T-SB-0194-17: Lack of Power/High RPM Shift Point/Hesitation
And that's what separates a government mandated RECALL from an advisory Technical Service Bulletin!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone have additional info on this one?

T-SB-167-16
2014-2016 Toyota Highlander Door Panel Leather Creased on Arm Rest

The leather on both rear arm rests is coming loose on my wife's car and I found the above TSB# & subject on another forum.
Going to the dealer today to research.
Curious for any additional info.

·
Custom User Title
511 Posts

T-SB-167-16

The leather on both rear arm rests is coming loose on my wife's car and I found the above TSB# & subject on another forum.
I just noticed it on the passenger side last week. planning to take it to the dealer on my next service. i would definitely mention the TSB. if you can provide us with more details that'll be really helpful.

·
Registered
339 Posts

T-SB-167-16

Earlier this year, the driver's side on my 2015 HL XLE AWD started to wrinkle near the grip you use to close the door. Had the door panel replaced under warranty during my 25K service....... no questions asked....

·
Registered
596 Posts
T-SB-0031-16 Cruise Control Stalk & T-SB-0103-16 Entune Software Update

Add here 2 TSBs mentioned elsewhere in the forum that I didn't see here (sorry if repost)

---

T-SB-0031-16 April 13, 2016
Cruise Control Stalk Illumination Intermittent Operation

2014 - 2016
Highlander, Highlander HV, RAV4

Some 2014 – 2016 model year Highlander, Highlander HV and RAV4 vehicles may exhibit an intermittent cruise control stalk illumination flicker condition. Please follow the Repair Procedure below to address this condition.

---

T-SB-0103-16 Rev2 August 10, 2016
Entune Audio Head Unit Software Update (Panasonic)

2016 - 2017
4Runner, Avalon, Avalon HV, Highlander, Highlander HV, Prius, Sequoia, Sienna, Tacoma, Tundra

Prius Prime, Prius V

Some 2016 – 2017 model year applicable vehicles equipped with Entune™ Audio (version 01013E) / Entune™ Audio Plus (version 010156 or 01015C) / Entune™ Premium Audio (version 010171 or 010170 or 01017D) may exhibit one or more of the following conditions:
- Head unit rebooting at a specific location
- Abnormal destination search operation
- Rebooting caused by no songs on the USB connected iPhone
- One time reboot after ACC-ON
- Audio stays muted after the key is cycled

Some 2016 – 2017 model year applicable vehicles equipped with Entune™ Audio (version 010144) / Entune™ Audio Plus (version 01015E) / Entune™ Premium Audio (version 010182) or earlier may exhibit one or more of the following conditions:
- Intermittent head unit rebooting
- Half blank screen when on maintenance screen and shifting to reverse
Screen freezing during incoming phone call
- Incorrect time in the diagnostic menu
- Radio station information doesn’t match radio station that is playing
- Abnormal playlist browsing operation
- Mute stays enabled after key cycle
- “Search along my route” is inoperative
- Improper scaling of traffic data
- Unit missing from distance to destination (showing 11 instead of 11mi)
- MID compass doesn’t match navigation screen when switching to North up
- Navigation doesn’t match MID when switching from miles to kilometers
- Speed limit is blank on navigation screen
- “Go” button on VR screen is inoperative

Some 2016 – 2017 model year applicable vehicles equipped with Entune™ Audio (version 010145) / Entune™ Audio Plus (version 010161) / Entune™ Premium Audio (version 010189) or earlier may exhibit one of the following conditions:
- After reprogram from map SD, map won’t be displayed
- “Low Fuel” pop-up message is not displayed
- Continuous rebooting
- Abnormal POI Operation
- Rebooting while transferring phone book data
- Unable to change volume on BT Audio when paused
- Song data not sent when playing from BT Audio
- DTC B15F6 is set
- Unable to select the number of flashes for lane change signaling

Updated system software is now available to address these conditions. Follow the Software Update Procedure in this bulletin to install the latest software version.

===

·
Custom User Title
511 Posts
Earlier this year, the driver's side on my 2015 HL XLE AWD started to wrinkle near the grip you use to close the door. Had the door panel replaced under warranty during my 25K service....... no questions asked....
mine got replaced last week under warranty no questions asked. front passenger side. driver side is showing some signs too. I will ask them to replace it soon.

·
Registered
596 Posts
T-SB-0211-17 - Abnormal "Squeak" Noise From Rear Suspension Over Uneven Roads

(Didn't see this posted in this thread... so hopefully this helps someone experiencing this issue)

T-SB-0211-17 April 19, 2017

Abnormal "Squeak" Noise From Rear Suspension Over Uneven Roads

2014 - 2017
Highlander, Highlander HV

Some 2014 – 2017 model year Highlander and Highlander HV vehicles may exhibit an abnormal squeak, squawk or groan type noise from the rear suspension when traveling over uneven roads, or when the vehicle comes to a complete stop, which may become more pronounced in colder ambient temperatures. The abnormal noise may be caused by the rear trailing arm bushing. An updated Rear Trailing Arm Assembly is available.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/333-highlander-3rd-generation-2014/1484722-abnormal-squeak-rear-suspension.html

credit goes to @Fibber2

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Adding this here as well: The new Atkinson Cycle engine (2GR-FSK) uses a vacuum pump to power the power brake booster. I suspect (just an opinion) that the effect of 'variable' displacement and transitions from port to direct injection might result in inconsistent manifold vacuum that could impact braking if this was the only source.

In researching something for my Sienna folks, I came across this TSB that impacts you guys as well. Apparently you might hear an annoying 'knocking noise' from the pump.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/iv4s7z2awor8om7/T-SB-0316-17_Vacuum_Pump_Knocking_Noise.pdf

·
Registered
17 Posts
Smart Stop Technology

I don't think this is technically a TSB / Recall so much as it is an upgrade, but haven't seen this posted anywhere. Received this in the mail last week. 2017 Highlander XLE / AWD

Attachments

·
Registered
596 Posts
It's interesting that Toyota is adding a feature by reprogramming the ECU...
I have the 2017 XLE AWD too... but I haven't received any letter from Toyota and nothing on the toyota.com/owners website either.

·
Registered
596 Posts
T-SB-0232-17 - Power Back Door/Latch Inoperative

Credit to @Fibber2

T-SB-0232-17 July 3, 2017

Power Back Door/Latch Inoperative

2014 - 2017 Highlander, Highlander HV
2011 - 2017 Sienna

Some 2014 – 2017 model year Highlander/Highlander HV and 2011 – 2017 model year Sienna vehicles equipped with a Power Back Door (PBD) may exhibit a condition in which the back door latch does not release and the PBD cannot be opened from any switch (IP, key, back door), with one or both of the following conditions:

- Excessive force required to operate the manual back door latch release lever
- DTC B2250 present

See:
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/333-highlander-3rd-generation-2014/1509122-2014-2017-power-back-door-latch-inoperative-tsb.html

Attachments

·
Registered
596 Posts
T-SB-0016-18 - Chirping Noise From High-Pressure Fuel Pump

Adding this here as well: The new Atkinson Cycle engine (2GR-FSK) uses a vacuum pump to power the power brake booster. I suspect (just an opinion) that the effect of 'variable' displacement and transitions from port to direct injection might result in inconsistent manifold vacuum that could impact braking if this was the only source.

In researching something for my Sienna folks, I came across this TSB that impacts you guys as well. Apparently you might hear an annoying 'knocking noise' from the pump.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/iv4s7z2awor8om7/T-SB-0316-17_Vacuum_Pump_Knocking_Noise.pdf
Thanks to @Fibber2 the above is :
T-SB-0316-17 - Knocking Noise From Vacuum Pump

which relates to knocking noise from Vacuum Pump.
EDIT added PDF: T-SB-0316-17 Vacuum Pump Knocking Noise.pdf

Here's another TSB related to chirping noise from Fuel Pump:

T-SB-0016-18
February 23, 2018
Chirping Noise From High-Pressure Fuel Pump

Some 2016-2017 model year Tacoma, 2017 model year Sienna and Highlander, and 2018 model year Camry vehicles equipped with a 2GR-FKS engine may exhibit a chirping noise from the high-pressure fuel pump.

--

Has anyone noticed such knocking / chirping noise in their HL?

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's interesting that Toyota is adding a feature by reprogramming the ECU...
I have the 2017 XLE AWD too... but I haven't received any letter from Toyota and nothing on the toyota.com/owners website either.

The letter cited my specific VIN as being affected, it’s potentially conceivable that this was added at some point to a newer production than mine, and yours is not affected. I have a Feb 2017 production date, what’s yours? I also wonder if it’s a market thing, I’m in New Jersey (northeast US) for reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
596 Posts
The letter cited my specific VIN as being affected, it’s potentially conceivable that this was added at some point to a newer production than mine, and yours is not affected. I have a Feb 2017 production date, what’s yours? I also wonder if it’s a market thing, I’m in New Jersey (northeast US) for reference.

Mine is Feb 2017 production too! Last digits of VIN is 391xxx. I'm in California.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Toyota and Lexus Recall Certain Model Year 2018 and 2017 Vehicles

Just saw this:

http://pressroom.toyota.com/releases/toyota+and+lexus+recall+certain+model+year+2018+and+2017+vehicles.htm

April 03, 2018
PLANO, Texas, April 3, 2018 – Toyota Motor North America, Inc. today announced that it is conducting a safety recall in the U.S. of approximately 6,000 Model Year 2018 Camry and Highlander vehicles and Model Year 2017 Sienna, Tacoma and Lexus RX350 vehicles.

The involved vehicles are equipped with a vacuum pump assembly, which provides braking assist. A component in the vacuum pump assembly may have been manufactured incorrectly. This condition could lead to the illumination of a warning light, a warning message, an audible tone, and result in the sudden loss of braking assist. A sudden loss of braking assist while driving could increase the risk of a crash.

For all involved vehicles, Toyota and Lexus dealers will replace the vacuum pump with a new one at no cost to customers. All known owners of all the involved vehicles will receive a notification by first class mail by late May.

Information about automotive recalls, including but not limited to the list of involved vehicles, is subject to change over time. For the most up-to-date Safety Recall information on Toyota, Lexus or Scion vehicles, customers should check their vehicle’s status by visiting toyota.com/recall and enter the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). Safety Recall inquiry by individual VIN is also available at the NHTSA site: nhtsa.gov/recalls.

For any additional questions, customer support is also available by calling the Toyota Customer Experience Center at 1.800.331.4331 or the Lexus Guest Experience Center at 1.800.255.3987.

·
Registered
596 Posts
T-SB-0001-18 - Transaxle Assembly and ECM (PCM) Software Confirmation

Credit goes to @Fibber2 again

Thread:
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/333-highlander-3rd-generation-2014/1594810-latest-advisory-2017-2018-8-spd-transmission-problems.html

T-SB-0001-18 Rev1
January 8, 2018
Transaxle Assembly and ECM (PCM) Software
Confirmation

When completing a transaxle assembly replacement, Engine Control Module (ECM) (SAE term: Powertrain Control Module [PCM]) replacement, or ECM (PCM) reprogram, ensure the correct ECM (PCM) software is matched with the transaxle assembly hardware. Some 2017 – 2018 model year Highlander and Sienna vehicles require different ECM (PCM) software based on the transaxle assembly hardware installed in the vehicle.

NOTICE
Mismatched transaxle assembly hardware and ECM (PCM) software combinations may result in a harsh shift or shift flare. If this occurs after the original repair, additional ECM (PCM) replacement and reprogramming will be required. This additional ECM (PCM) replacement and/or reprogramming is NOT covered under warranty.

Attachments

·
Registered
596 Posts
T-SB-0279-17 - Entune Audio Head Unit Software Update (Panasonic)

Credit to @lloyd123

T-SB-0279-17
Entune Audio Head Unit Software Update (Panasonic)

Applicability

2016 - 2018 4Runner, Avalon, Avalon HV, Highlander, Highlander HV, Prius, Sequoia, Tacoma, Tundra
2017 - 2018 Prius Prime, Prius V
2016 - 2017 Sienna
2018 Yaris

REVISION NOTICE
March 16, 2018 Rev1:
- Applicability has been updated to include 2018 model year vehicles.

SUPERSESSION NOTICE
The information contained in this bulletin supersedes Service Bulletin No. T-SB-0103-16 and T-SB-0337-17.

(Long list of entune versions and issues in the TSB. See attached for details)

Also see:
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/333-highlander-3rd-generation-2014/1602546-2017-audio-system-firmware-update.html

Attachments

·
7,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Thanks for all these posts. I bet I have a number of TSB's I never got done and have lapsed due to warranty. At least members can come and find these in one place and hope they benefit from it..

·
Registered
34 Posts
I got a recall today for incorrectly manufactured vacuum pump that exists in certain 2017 Sienna’s and 2018 Highlander’s. I saw the Dealer note and it said 5900 vehicles. Lucky me. He was surprised I got a notice already.

81 - 100 of 122 Posts