Toyota Nation Forum banner

10581 - 10600 of 10606 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Congrats on the new Mazda! The new 3 looks really attractive. My cousin is looking at getting either a previous generation Mazda 3 hatch or the new generation one. How much did you get yours for OTD?
just shy of 31k. had some discounts on the car. I got the GT model fully loaded.
Fun car to drive around. got a rare combo with red interior and black exterior

Funny thing, after i got the car, corolla started gave me a check engine code. changed the sparks and good to go again. gotta love easy fixes on the corolla

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10,582
just shy of 31k. had some discounts on the car. I got the GT model fully loaded.

Funny thing, after i got the car, corolla started gave me a check engine code. changed the sparks and good to go again. gotta love easy fixes on the corolla
31k for a Mazda 3 sounds crazy and then I realized that you lived in Canada. :surprise:

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10,584
nice! I love how clean your exterior always is. I'm curious.. since its obvious you live in a place with snow... hows the rust on the under-body of your Corolla? Is there salt on your roads?? How many years or winters have you driven the car up there? Have you done anything to minimize or stop the rust? Just curious.
I'm replying here since the other thread is pics only. :smile:

Thanks for the compliment. I love how clean my Corolla looks also. From he first time I saw the 10th Gen Corolla S/XRS in 2008 I loved the lines. I've just tried to enhance those beautiful lines.

Rust hasn't been an issue. The only place I see any is on some bolts on the bottom side of the engine which is very normal. I've been driving up into the mountains every winter but they don't use salt in Washington. In Oregon around Portland they do on some steep hills only but I don't drive over in those areas.

·
10th Gen Addict
3,264 Posts

My cousin ended up getting a 2018 Mazda 3 Sport GS with the i-Active package and Sunroof Package. It's a pretty nice car and rides really good. She was looking at a 2019 but the dealer was selling the 2018 models for really cheap. The best part is that we were able to find a Japanese built model. Plus, since it's a final model year for the 2013-2018 generation, it should have all of the kinks worked out.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10,586
Hope that everyone had a nice Easter. I spent the day helping replace the clutch on my daughter's 94 Corolla. The car has 314k miles on it and the clutch had over 200k miles on it so it was past due. The new clutch is now in and she's back on the road. :smile:

·
Corolla Fan
428 Posts
Okay... so who has a scan-gauge that can check this out?

Can you read your 10 or 10.5 gen corolla's TFT? Transmission Fluid Temperature using a Scan Gauge?
Here's a video of a guy who used one to check the ATF temp on a Camry while doing an ATF fluid change... this would be amazing for seeing our ATF and Coolant temps, as we wouldn't need any additional gauges or techstream, as this plugs right into the OBD-II.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10,588

Can you read your 10 or 10.5 gen corolla's TFT? Transmission Fluid Temperature using a Scan Gauge?
Here's a video of a guy who used one to check the ATF temp on a Camry while doing an ATF fluid change... this would be amazing for seeing our ATF and Coolant temps, as we wouldn't need any additional gauges or techstream, as this plugs right into the OBD-II.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maK7HsGEEls
I know that it reads coolant temp since I have that as one of my choices. I'm not sure about the TFT though since mine is a 5MT. If I can remember some day to try mine on my sister-in-laws 2013 Corolla LE I could find out.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maK7HsGEEls

According to the instruction manual, ScanGauge II will do it. It has to be programmed into the X-Gauge functions. For the record I haven't tried it on mine.

·
Corolla Fan
428 Posts
I know that it reads coolant temp since I have that as one of my choices. I'm not sure about the TFT though since mine is a 5MT. If I can remember some day to try mine on my sister-in-laws 2013 Corolla LE I could find out.
According to the instruction manual, ScanGauge II will do it. It has to be programmed into the X-Gauge functions. For the record I haven't tried it on mine.
Scangauge- Looks like there are quite a few programming possibilities. I tried one and got no reading. If I have more time I will try some others.

https://www.scangauge.com/support/x-gauge-commands/toyota-lexus-scion/
wow! they have so many readings, TPMS! :D I'm definitely going to have to add a scanguage to my "support mods" list for my turbokit, i may buy it early on in this next year of saving for the kit, so i can take time to program all the xGauges. :D

·
Registered
1,175 Posts

·
Corolla Fan
428 Posts

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10,596
I had this done on my 89 Supercharged MR2 but this could be done on any car with leather. I had a company call CCI which stands for Creative Colors International come out to my house and they restored the leather steering wheel and shift knob in my MR2. I had been looking for a company to recover them with no luck when I found them. They did an amazing job and were very nice. Anyone looking for this service should look them up. They look as good as they did when new! They have places all over the US.
Gear shift knob before...

After being restored, simply amazing!

Steering wheel before.

After.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Putting on Weapon R Header

I'll be putting on the Weapon R Headers soon (these are Short Tube style headers, so definitely looking forward to the increased fun factor at lower RPMs), will take to exhaust shop after the install to do a resonator delete and some custom work behind the catalytic converter.

I haven't been able to find a high flow cat for our cars (2ZR-FE), anyone had any luck doing some custom things? Also I see there's company out in PA, Bonehead Performance, that does ceramic coating. Looks to be about $100 for them to do this to the headers, worth it?

Will also be doing the Orange Virus Tune, will I still want to get a pedal commander after that?

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10,598
I got a treat today when I got to drive my friends newly purchased JDM 1993 Celica GT Four Turbo. It was fun driving around in a RHD car and shifting with the left hand. The tricky part is that the wiper and turn signal stalks are swapped so you go to turn the blinker on and the wipers swipe! haha

10581 - 10600 of 10606 Posts
About this Discussion
10.6K Replies
237 Participants
SuperchargedMR2
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing