Toyota Nation Forum banner

10601 - 10620 of 10626 Posts

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #10,601
New platform which led to a new website design.
I'm not a fan of the new web design. Seem a lot more confusing to get around and isn't as informative.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #10,603
welp... sold my corolla. had 141k km on it... so still has a lot of life in it.
now i'm waiting for my rav4 limited hybrid.:D
Should have kept it! You could then enjoy your new RAV4 and Corolla. I like driving my different cars as they're all different and I get different types of enjoyment from them. I love my RAV4 but it doesn't handle like my Corollas do. 😊

·
Registered
503 Posts
can't afford to run more than 2 cars up here. each car insured is about 2.5k each as we don't have multi car discounts. my mazda3 has been good to me so far.

I sold my corolla to my cousin.so hope she takes care of it for many years to come.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #10,606
can't afford to run more than 2 cars up here. each car insured is about 2.5k each as we don't have multi car discounts. my mazda3 has been good to me so far.

I sold my corolla to my cousin.so hope she takes care of it for many years to come.
That's crazy. I don't know how anyone can afford to live in Canada with the cost of cars, housing, insurance, gas, etc. I pay about what you pay to insure 1 car for all 6 of my cars!!! No wonder I know of so many people that have moved south from Canada to the US.

·
Premium Member
Corolla 2010 Basic
912 Posts
after 2 months of waiting for the car it has finally arrived. 2019 rav4 hybrid limited

Where do you live?? Zimbabwe??? 2 months for a Rav?? Well know you got it enjoy in good health!!!

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #10,610
after 2 months of waiting for the car it has finally arrived. 2019 rav4 hybrid limited

Congrats on the new ride. Why such a long wait? They are all over the dealer lots around here. I'm sure it will be a great vehicle but I don't like the new design. It has the horrible looking tablet designed stereo like the new Corolla and the exterior doesn't flow to me. The nose looks blunt as does the back side and the way the wheels arches don't continue all the way around the wheel well drives me nuts. I do like the new drive train and how amazing the MPG are on it though! Pretty amazing getting 40 MPG from a RAV4. Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
503 Posts
I'm not sure. In canada, we are very short on Rav4 hybrids. some people where waiting 6+ months for the rav4 hybrid XSE trims. From other forums, most stock where going to the states vs canada.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I'm not sure. In canada, we are very short on Rav4 hybrids. some people where waiting 6+ months for the rav4 hybrid XSE trims. From other forums, most stock where going to the states vs canada.
Mind telling how much you pay for it? Did you get any off MSRP? When I bought mine cash I got a CAD $1000 off but that was in 2016. It's a great car once you get used to the CVT. Especially when Gas went to above CAD 1.65/lit. I'm getting 7.4 lit/100 Km combine.

·
Registered
503 Posts
couldn't get anything off MSRP. 51k OTD when all said and done.
drove it 160km so far and barely used the tank of gas. i'm halfway between full and 3/4 full

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
drove it 160km so far and barely used the tank of gas. i'm halfway between full and 3/4 full
That's what I found when I bought mine too. Even when I paid cash and no trade-in. Tried all Lower Mainland dealers - no go. Ended up buying from "Westminster Toyota" which gave me CAD 1000 off. No regrets though. My RAV4 XLE Hybrid have performed and drive well. Give me more MPG than my Corolla. Your's being a 2019 should perform better MPG and everything else. Enjoy your new car.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #10,615
Too bad, I could get a pretty decent dealer discount right now from the dealer that took care of me when I bought my 2017 RAV4 and Corolla iM. I built a RAV4 Hybrid XSE that came to $37230 and I could get it for under $33500. Not too worried though since I love my 2017 RAV4 XLE. :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
So the head gasket issue does seem to be higher than normal in these models. I'm not saying it's a huge issue. But definitely something to look out for if you're in the market for one like I am. Having read through some forums as well as looked at YT videos and ad listings, there are more than 'normal' rates of head gasket problems for these cars.

Taking that into account, how much should one expect to pay for a head gasket replacement on a '09 Matrix? I looked at video on how to DIY but it's beyond my level of DIY expertise. I have a local shop that's reasonable.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #10,617
So the head gasket issue does seem to be higher than normal in these models. I'm not saying it's a huge issue. But definitely something to look out for if you're in the market for one like I am. Having read through some forums as well as looked at YT videos and ad listings, there are more than 'normal' rates of head gasket problems for these cars.

Taking that into account, how much should one expect to pay for a head gasket replacement on a '09 Matrix? I looked at video on how to DIY but it's beyond my level of DIY expertise. I have a local shop that's reasonable.
You have to remember that the 10th Gen Corolla/Matrix has been around since 3/2008 so the earliest models are almost 12 years old. I bought my 09 Corolla S in 11/2008 so it just had it's 11th birthday. The older cars get the higher chance of anything needing to be fixed or replaced. You are seeing some online and thinking it's a lot when there are millions of these cars on the road. That's not really an issue by the numbers. I'll also bet that many of these that do fail weren't maintained correctly.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Totally agree with you. The RAV4 heats up fast too with it;s electric heaters.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #10,620
got my cousin over and changed the oil in my old corolla and switch to winter tires for her.

started snowing over here and loved how the rav4 performed in the snow

I love my RAV4 too. I have winter tires on it and it's like a tank.

10601 - 10620 of 10626 Posts