Toyota Nation Forum banner

10621 - 10629 of 10629 Posts

·
straight cash homie
20,375 Posts
got my cousin over and changed the oil in my old corolla and switch to winter tires for her.

started snowing over here and loved how the rav4 performed in the snow

Maybe I should go back to a RAV4, which was my first car. I actually miss it more than my Corolla lol

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #10,622
Maybe I should go back to a RAV4, which was my first car. I actually miss it more than my Corolla lol
I love having both my RAV4 and my 2 Corollas. It's not a matter of one or the other. :)

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #10,624
Its nice that you have the funds for it. Not everyone can buy the whole Toyota dealership :ROFLMAO: Even then, I would want a diverse selection of cars, it wouldn't be just Toyota.
Once I pay off one car I can start saving for the next. I've owned other cars over the years. I think that is fine if you want other cars. I've had decades to have fun with other cars and other brands, even if they were friends cars. The funny thing is that every time I was looking for a new car I looked at many different cars and seemed to always migrate toward the Toyota. The older I got the more important reliability was for me and Toyota always had that going for it. When it comes to spending my own money I'll never apologize for owning Toyotas. As you know I just make them my own. :)

·
straight cash homie
20,375 Posts
Once I pay off one car I can start saving for the next. I've owned other cars over the years. I think that is fine if you want other cars. I've had decades to have fun with other cars and other brands, even if they were friends cars. The funny thing is that every time I was looking for a new car I looked at many different cars and seemed to always migrate toward the Toyota. The older I got the more important reliability was for me and Toyota always had that going for it. When it comes to spending my own money I'll never apologize for owning Toyotas. As you know I just make them my own. :)
How come you don't have a Toyota 4x4? Of any Toyota in the world, everyone knows how they are indestructible. Even people who aren't a fan of the cars, will always bow down to their trucks. Of any Toyota, I'd still want a 4Runner.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #10,626
How come you don't have a Toyota 4x4? Of any Toyota in the world, everyone knows how they are indestructible. Even people who aren't a fan of the cars, will always bow down to their trucks. Of any Toyota, I'd still want a 4Runner.
I do, it's a 2017 RAV4 XLE AWD. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I know what you mean though but I've never been a truck guy. My brother was the truck guy and I was the car guy. He's owned several Toyota trucks and has a 92 that is in excellent condition. My dad also owned several of them. I like them and if I ever wanted a truck I would buy a Toyota truck. I've never been a huge fan though of the seating position since the floor is so high is relation to the bottom of seat. If I ever need truck to move something I can just use my work truck that can carry a lot more than a PU.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #10,627
I took out my 89 Supercharged MR2 5MT after it's long winter storage. The first drive always feels so good after not driving it for so long. :):):)

·
Registered
2011 Corolla LE
4 Posts
I put ethanol free 90 octane gasoline into my 2011 corolla today. It idles much better now than on regular 87. Also I believe to observe a slight power and gas mileage increase. Seemingly the transmission shifts are smoother too.

I might post a direct comparison and analysis in the future. Right now I am just stunned.

Does anyone have a similar experience?

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #10,629
I put ethanol free 90 octane gasoline into my 2011 corolla today. It idles much better now than on regular 87. Also I believe to observe a slight power and gas mileage increase. Seemingly the transmission shifts are smoother too.

I might post a direct comparison and analysis in the future. Right now I am just stunned.

Does anyone have a similar experience?
One test after another has proven that higher octane gas does nothing for a car that is tuned for 87 octane. It won't have any effect on the car shifting better either. Much of what people describe feeling is just the placebo effect.

What you will see is a little more MPG and feel a little more power. That's not because of the higher octane but the ethanol-free gas that you used. Gas has more energy than ethanol so is you take out 10% ethanol and replace it with pure gas you will see these benefits.

Just Google the subject and you will see 100's of articles about this. Higher octane premium actually has slightly less energy than 87 octane. The reason to use premium is to prevent pre-detonation from high compression engines or cars that are using forced induction. I use 92 octane premium on my 2009 Corolla S because I turbocharged it and it's tuned for 92 octane.

10621 - 10629 of 10629 Posts