Toyota Nation Forum banner

1101 - 1120 of 1150 Posts

·
10th Gen Addict
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,102
Other than replacing the grille, fogs, and maybe the headlights, is there any difference in mounting for the LE vs S front bumper covers on the '14-'16 years?
I don't think so. Brotha can correct me if I'm wrong though since he did put a LE bumper on an S before but I'm pretty sure all of the mounts are the same.

·
3,245 Posts
Hey guys, got a question.

Friend of mine has a 2001 ChevyExpress 4500. A year ago his girl put 4 dollars worth of diesel in it (don't ask). About 4 months ago he is telling me that it's running rough and doesn't have the power it used to. I told him to check the alternator, most likely have to have the fuel filter replaced, spark plugs replaced, and engine filter replaced. Can you guys think of any other idea's?

Stats: 151,000 miles, owned it 2 years.

·
Maaaaaaaad
571 Posts

Friend of mine has a 2001 ChevyExpress 4500. A year ago his girl put 4 dollars worth of diesel in it (don't ask). About 4 months ago he is telling me that it's running rough and doesn't have the power it used to. I told him to check the alternator, most likely have to have the fuel filter replaced, spark plugs replaced, and engine filter replaced. Can you guys think of any other idea's?

Could also be the ignition coils. Throwing any codes?

I would almost dismiss the accidental fuel choice. 4 bucks of diesel isn't going to cripple a car, especially since that was a year ago. 150k miles on any GM product is going to be asking for a new fuel filter, and a general replacement of a lot of those components you mentioned. Crazy to think that it's 16 years old and only has 151k on the clock.

·
Registered
41 Posts

Unless a battery light is on or the car is difficult to start or lack of without a jump, etc, I highly doubt it needs an alternator. Other things, however, it will likely need addressed - hence a good tune up.

Engine filter? I have no idea what that is...

Plugs, fuel filter, air filter, fresh oil change with filter, fuel system service possibly. Check the fuel injectors, ignition coils or wires (I dunno what GMS come with), etc.

·
Soad908
4 Posts

Check engine light would be the best place to start.

Verify it's getting Air, fuel and spark. Also check that there are no exhaust restrictions.
Maybe the diesel fouled injectors or the catalytic converter?

·
10th Gen Addict
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,110
I just found out that the 2017 Yaris GRMN which is the hot hatch variant of the new Yaris has a supercharged 1.8L 4 cylinder engine paired to a 6 speed manual producing 210 hp. From looking at the engine bay itself and the power output, I think it's safe to say that a 2ZR-FE with a Magnuson R900 supercharger (the supercharger that's used in the Lotus Elise) is the engine that is in the new Yaris. Plus, I'm pretty sure it's paired to the EC65 6 speed manual transmission that's in the Lotus Elise and the Corolla as well. It's pretty cool to see that Toyota Gazoo Racing put a supercharged 2ZR in the Yaris and I think it'll be a really good hot hatch once it comes out. This could also mean more parts for the 2ZR if companies do make parts for the Yaris GRMN. :D

·
3,245 Posts
I just found out that the 2017 Yaris GRMN which is the hot hatch variant of the new Yaris has a supercharged 1.8L 4 cylinder engine paired to a 6 speed manual producing 210 hp. From looking at the engine bay itself and the power output, I think it's safe to say that a 2ZR-FE with a Magnuson R900 supercharger (the supercharger that's used in the Lotus Elise) is the engine that is in the new Yaris. Plus, I'm pretty sure it's paired to the EC65 6 speed manual transmission that's in the Lotus Elise and the Corolla as well. It's pretty cool to see that Toyota Gazoo Racing put a supercharged 2ZR in the Yaris and I think it'll be a really good hot hatch once it comes out. This could also mean more parts for the 2ZR if companies do make parts for the Yaris GRMN. :D

Toyota real needs to step their game up. Ford has the Focus RS($35K), Honda has the Civic SI($21K) AND the Type R(Will be $35K in US). Either Toyota does some crazy work to the Corolla or just disband TRD. TRD only makes parts for trucks, meanwhile Mopar, Nismo, and others do make parts for consumer eco cars. The very least they can do is unlock the ECU for tuning...:|

·
10th Gen Addict
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,112

Toyota real needs to step their game up. Ford has the Focus RS($35K), Honda has the Civic SI($21K) AND the Type R(Will be $35K in US). Either Toyota does some crazy work to the Corolla or just disband TRD. TRD only makes parts for trucks, meanwhile Mopar, Nismo, and others do make parts for consumer eco cars. The very least they can do is unlock the ECU for tuning...:|
I've got hope since they will be revealing the Corolla GTi concept this fall along with the Supra concept and S-FR concept. As for the ECU, we've got to look at aftermarket companies like OVTuning to crack them. They've cracked the 10th gen ECU's but not the 11th gen units yet.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,329 Posts

Now if that supercharger could be installed on the Corolla iM that would be sweet! >:D

·
3,245 Posts
I've got hope since they will be revealing the Corolla GTi concept this fall along with the Supra concept and S-FR concept. As for the ECU, we've got to look at aftermarket companies like OVTuning to crack them. They've cracked the 10th gen ECU's but not the 11th gen units yet.
Speaking of Supra's....was going to pick up a friend of mine on Sunday and spotted this beauty.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,329 Posts
Can anyone with a 6-speed manual transmission tell me what the RPM's are at 60 mph and 70 mph? I can't seem to get anyone to respond to this question even with PM's. Thanks.

Crickets..............????

Really??, Nobody can answer this for me that owns a 6-speed manual??

·
Registered
123 Posts
Can anyone with a 6-speed manual transmission tell me what the RPM's are at 60 mph and 70 mph? I can't seem to get anyone to respond to this question even with PM's. Thanks.
Start with this: http://www.apexgarage.com/tech/gear_ratios.shtml

Input data from wherever on the web you can find it... I found info for the Canadian model (very likely the US will be the same) here: http://www.gareautoyota.com/en-CA/new-cars/toyota-corolla-2017-4dr-sdn-man-ce-388956.aspx

I got precisely 2500 for 70mph and 2150 for 60mph.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has anyone replaced the halogen lamps in their headlights on their 2017 Toyota IM?
The stock ones seem to suck. I know nothing about headlights. Are they one in the same or a special part?

Thanks

·
Maaaaaaaad
571 Posts
Not that anyone really cares when someone posts something about this, but I sold the Corolla the other day. The CVT, while one of the best ones on the market, is still a CVT. I grew bored of the constant drone and lack of driver interaction. I know it will find its way to a good home though, and someone will use it and appreciate it for years to come.

On the flip side, I came home with an absolutely gorgeous '17 GTI. It's everything I could have asked for, and more!

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,329 Posts
Not that anyone really cares when someone posts something about this, but I sold the Corolla the other day. The CVT, while one of the best ones on the market, is still a CVT. I grew bored of the constant drone and lack of driver interaction. I know it will find its way to a good home though, and someone will use it and appreciate it for years to come.

On the flip side, I came home with an absolutely gorgeous '17 GTI. It's everything I could have asked for, and more!
Did you correct your mistake and get a MT this time? I love my 09 Corolla S 5MT now with 230HP from the turbo kit! It flat out moves! :grin:

I've always like the GTI and the clean lines of it. What worries me is the lack of long term reliability and the many owners that deal with electrical issues down the road. Good luck!

1101 - 1120 of 1150 Posts