Toyota Nation Forum banner

1141 - 1150 of 1150 Posts

·
10th Gen Addict
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,141
Sorry I havent been on in a bit but I have been looking for a toy to play with...and after many craigslist disappointments...I think I have found it...a 1983 Datsun 280zx for $1,800....tell me what your thoughts are.
Now that I can see your post, that's a great buy! Older Nissan's have a special place in my heart since I grew up around them. For me, I'd love to one day get a 1991 Bluebird 2000 SSS which is basically a 1st gen Altima with a SR20DET and some came with the Attesa AWD system! :D

·
3,245 Posts
Now that I can see your post, that's a great buy! Older Nissan's have a special place in my heart since I grew up around them. For me, I'd love to one day get a 1991 Bluebird 2000 SSS which is basically a 1st gen Altima with a SR20DET and some came with the Attesa AWD system! :D

I hear you but that car ended up being a pit. The guy lied about the amount of rust. The "little" rust spot in the drivers foot well was actually a hole I can put my size 12 shoe through. The other area's were in the rear hatch on the left upper side...the holes were big enough to fit my hand through and the a-pillar had rust HOLES right about the windshield...yeah...guy didnt disclose that. Me and my buddy left, and he messages me saying "Look, you came all the way out here, I'll let you have it for $1,300." No.

My mechanic's wife called me and begged me not to buy the insane money pit lol

Right now I am lookin at an 1990 300ZX, Red. Seller wants $1,200 for it. It needs a power steering pump, fuel tank replacement, and brakes. But apparently it runs. I need to find out if it is the twin turbo and if it is the straight coupe or 2+2.

·
10th Gen Addict
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,143
I hear you but that car ended up being a pit. The guy lied about the amount of rust. The "little" rust spot in the drivers foot well was actually a hole I can put my size 12 shoe through. The other area's were in the rear hatch on the left upper side...the holes were big enough to fit my hand through and the a-pillar had rust HOLES right about the windshield...yeah...guy didnt disclose that. Me and my buddy left, and he messages me saying "Look, you came all the way out here, I'll let you have it for $1,300." No.

Right now I am lookin at an 1990 300ZX, Red. Seller wants $1,200 for it. It needs a power steering pump, fuel tank replacement, and brakes. But apparently it runs. I need to find out if it is the twin turbo and if it is the straight coupe or 2+2.
Oh, that's disappointing. That was probably his whole plan which was to get you to come and then guilt you into buying the car. 300ZX's are nice as well and are pretty underrated in my opinion. $1,200 is really cheap though since around me, the cheapest 300ZX that runs with no rust holes in it is about $3,000.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,330 Posts

Many years ago my family owned Datsuns and Nissans of various types but they sure had rust issues. I've heard that has continued through the years from many owners. We finally gave up on them and have mostly owned Toyotas since with no rust issues at all.

·
straight cash homie
18,853 Posts

90s Japanese sports car are already appreciating. I would buy it for that price and enjoy it for a little while (Don't try to strap any turbos lol). I would surmise you can flip it for more...

·
3,245 Posts
Oh, that's disappointing. That was probably his whole plan which was to get you to come and then guilt you into buying the car. 300ZX's are nice as well and are pretty underrated in my opinion. $1,200 is really cheap though since around me, the cheapest 300ZX that runs with no rust holes in it is about $3,000.
Yeah and to make it worse, whenever I get screwed over by a car I want I end up seeing the damn thing on the road.

Many years ago my family owned Datsuns and Nissans of various types but they sure had rust issues. I've heard that has continued through the years from many owners. We finally gave up on them and have mostly owned Toyotas since with no rust issues at all.
I wouldn't be worried if it was a little rust but the amount on it was way above my nonexisting skill set.

90s Japanese sports car are already appreciating. I would buy it for that price and enjoy it for a little while (Don't try to strap any turbos lol). I would surmise you can flip it for more...
Yeah but it would've just been too much to work on. Oh well there will be more...hopefully.

·
Spock-a-like
426 Posts
DJ, where you at in FL? It's been a while but can't remember if you're up here in NW Florida (I'm in FWB/Destin).

I've been shopping for an old 280z myself but am trying to hold off until I figure out where I'm going next. There's a lot of affordable-ish ones that pop up around here form time to time.

Also, I thought it was funny that you're a mod now when like 3 years ago we were being scolded for cursing too much around here...thus our little tags below our usernames lmfao

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,330 Posts
Merry Christmas to everyone! I thought that I would share pics from some new shirts I received for Christmas. I hope that everyone had a great Christmas!

I live for this one! :grin:

So true!!!!! :grin:

I think this one has something to do with me owning 7 cars! :smile:

·
straight cash homie
18,853 Posts
2017 Toyota Corolla iM Formula Drift Car for sale!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2017-toyota-corolla-im/
This 2017 Toyota Corolla iM was designed and built by Papadakis Racing and campaigned in the 2017 Formula Drift Pro Championship by racing driver Fredric Aasbø. The car features a longitudinally mounted 2.7L turbo four sending power to the rear wheels through a G-Force 4-speed manual transmission and a carbon fiber driveshaft. Details of the build include 10.5:1 JE pistons, a BorgWarner turbocharger, AEM fuel injection, and a nitrous oxide system. The seam-welded chassis is equipped with custom RS-R suspension allowing for 65 degrees of steering angle. Takata racing seats, a removable Sparco steering wheel, and a custom instrument panel complete the race-prepped interior. The seller estimates that the car has completed 200 laps over over a single season of competition. This Corolla iM Formula Drift car is offered with spare parts and wheels, records, and a California non-op registration in the seller’s name.

Seller: PapadakisRacing
Chassis: TJNKARJE0GJ501832
2017 Formula Drift Car
Turbocharged 2.7L Inline-Four
4-Speed Manual Transmission
Rear-Wheel Drive
AEM Fuel Injection
Nitrous Oxide System
Custom RS-R Suspension
Built by Papadakis Racing
Driven by Fredric Aasbø
Private Party or Dealer: Private Party