Toyota Nation Forum banner

361 - 378 of 378 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Use the smudge tool to push color over the rust, play with different strengths to make it look more natural.

You could also select an area (preferably the paint around the rust) and copy and paste it over the rust.
Thanks, I had to resort to using this method. Was hoping there was a better method because of the reflection on the car.

·
Mean_Green15
23 Posts
Hey guys i was wondering if somebody could do a photoshop job for me. I was wondering if you could do a black sand pearl 2015 corolla S with a Mapisa Z body kit, eibach lowering springs, and 17" motegi racing MR116 wheels? If you can't do it all at least the lowering springs and wheels would be appreciated.

·
Spock-a-like
426 Posts
How'd this thread die off so hard? It was stupid popular fall of 2016 to spring of 2017 then just died. Disappointing :(

I can't be one to complain, I disappeared for well over a year so I'm apart of the problem lol

·
straight cash homie
18,836 Posts
How'd this thread die off so hard? It was stupid popular fall of 2016 to spring of 2017 then just died. Disappointing :(
Because not that many owners are interested anymore?

I don't see many if not any Corolla that look like these shops in real life, no offense. Unless there's a secret turbo under the hood, it would be very all show and no go.

·
Spock-a-like
426 Posts
Yeah it's more for fun. The aftermarket world hasn't shown up in support of Corollas. I think they did have a model used in some GT Racing circuit but it was a special 3 or 4 models Toyota raced and probably not for very long.

I still think Toyota is being ridiculous by not offering 1.5L or 2.0L turbo options out there for the sedans and redesigned hatchback. a 1.5L turbo for the LE Eco models (and whatever they're calling those models these days) and then an optional 2.0L turbo for the XSE and so on models. TRD is a joke compared to SRT and GMs SS models (I know, SS isn't technically the same thing) and even Fiat has Abarth...why have TRD if you offer 0 performance options for your sedans and only provide superchargers for trucks?

Anyway, yes lost interest cause our cars are too boring and no aftermarket support is killing the love of these reliable little cars.

·
10th Gen Addict
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #372
Yeah it's more for fun. The aftermarket world hasn't shown up in support of Corollas. I think they did have a model used in some GT Racing circuit but it was a special 3 or 4 models Toyota raced and probably not for very long.

I still think Toyota is being ridiculous by not offering 1.5L or 2.0L turbo options out there for the sedans and redesigned hatchback. a 1.5L turbo for the LE Eco models (and whatever they're calling those models these days) and then an optional 2.0L turbo for the XSE and so on models. TRD is a joke compared to SRT and GMs SS models (I know, SS isn't technically the same thing) and even Fiat has Abarth...why have TRD if you offer 0 performance options for your sedans and only provide superchargers for trucks?

Anyway, yes lost interest cause our cars are too boring and no aftermarket support is killing the love of these reliable little cars.
I have to disagree. While there may not be as big as an aftermarket support for this car as there is for others such as a Civic or the 86, there is a decent amount. You've just got to be realistic and pay to play. For someone who really wants to invest in their Corolla, they will pay to build up their cars to be faster and more fun (i.e. SuperchargedMR2's Turbo Corolla) but for the generic car enthusiast, they'd much rather get a cheaper and easier platform to get mods for.

As for why this thread hasn't been updated for awhile, Brotha, who has Photoshop skills and used to do a lot of the photoshops on this page got into an accident with his car and now it's totaled. He has a Lexus now so I doubt he'll be back. I would do some photoshoping myself but I have zero photoshop skills....

·
Spock-a-like
426 Posts
I mean, suspension wise (to include strut braces and such), yes. Intake, yes. Other performance aimed motor mods? Not really. And as far as aero...one company (Mapisa) makes a kit and another (albeit an eBay 'brand') makes a modified FRS lip that fits now. If I'm being honest, I think the Mapisa kit that provides a front lip, side skirts, rear bumper lip(s), and trunk lip doesn't look bad for the most part but the ones for the S and XSE models is lacking. I have seen headlight and tail light options now though so guess thats good.

Whereas with Civics, the Corollas direct and only real competitor, has boat loads of options out there for everything almost immediately. Granted, we don't need lots of performance mods but even options to do motor swaps would be nice. I think these are too new for that kind of attention though and Toyota enthusiasts are more into stancing Corollas than making them race-able...so it'll probbaly never happen really.

I wish Toyota would get back to more performance options for all models rather than just for the coupe (soon to be plural with the new Supra) and for the trucks.

And yeah, I follow him on Insta and was saddened to see that had happened to him. But, glad he got the Lexus he did. He's talking about a full stanced, VIP look I'm pretty stoked to see how he does it.

·
Super Moderator
5,205 Posts
I mean, suspension wise (to include strut braces and such), yes. Intake, yes. Other performance aimed motor mods? Not really. And as far as aero...one company (Mapisa) makes a kit and another (albeit an eBay 'brand') makes a modified FRS lip that fits now. If I'm being honest, I think the Mapisa kit that provides a front lip, side skirts, rear bumper lip(s), and trunk lip doesn't look bad for the most part but the ones for the S and XSE models is lacking. I have seen headlight and tail light options now though so guess thats good.

Whereas with Civics, the Corollas direct and only real competitor, has boat loads of options out there for everything almost immediately. Granted, we don't need lots of performance mods but even options to do motor swaps would be nice. I think these are too new for that kind of attention though and Toyota enthusiasts are more into stancing Corollas than making them race-able...so it'll probbaly never happen really.

I wish Toyota would get back to more performance options for all models rather than just for the coupe (soon to be plural with the new Supra) and for the trucks.

And yeah, I follow him on Insta and was saddened to see that had happened to him. But, glad he got the Lexus he did. He's talking about a full stanced, VIP look I'm pretty stoked to see how he does it.
There are body kits available for the Corolla. Just harder to find them other than ebay sources. I believe that the aftermarket is slim here in the US because the Corolla is a car targeted at the masses instead of tuners. You should look into Bayson R and ZestJDM. Bayson sells Ken Style in 5 or 6 pieces. It would even be better if you can get your hands on a kit from Asia or Europe. Been seeing lots of listings for grey market vehicles of 25 years coming into the US. Levin AE101 and AE92 and Soarers too. As it goes, you gotta pay to play.

·
straight cash homie
18,836 Posts
I have to disagree. While there may not be as big as an aftermarket support for this car as there is for others such as a Civic or the 86, there is a decent amount. You've just got to be realistic and pay to play. For someone who really wants to invest in their Corolla, they will pay to build up their cars to be faster and more fun (i.e. SuperchargedMR2's Turbo Corolla) but for the generic car enthusiast, they'd much rather get a cheaper and easier platform to get mods for.
Most of the decent parts aren't available locally...Southeast Asia is a hotbed for Corolla stuff, because the culture and what not favors it there locally, though probably because WRXs, Type Rs are either too expensive or not available.

There is no such thing as a generic car enthusiast, but certain platforms are more popular because they were engineered to appeal to a more enthusiastic buyer. Corollas were engineered to appeal to a regular car audience, which is non-enthusiastic, and the way they are perceived in North America is that they're great commuter cars, but not sport compacts. Hence, why few companies bother to develop parts for them (cough TRD). Having cheaper mods was what made the Civic popular, unlike the Corolla. I grew up in the 90s (pre Initial D) when they got popular, and that was why the masses drove Hondas while Toyotas were largely ignored and MR2s and Supras were out of reach for most young 'tuners'.

·
10th Gen Addict
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #376

If we're taking about engine related mods, we do have options with MonkeyWrench Racing and even as far as tuning, OVTuned will be releasing that as well. Like I said, it's not as big as say the Civic's aftermarket because the Corolla's market isn't primarily meant for modifications or racing. However, for those who want to mod their Corolla, there are options but you'll have to find them and be able to pay for it. On the topic of aftermarket aero and bodykits, I know of Mapisa and a few other companies that make aftermarket body parts for the Corolla but again, it is something rather than absolutely nothing.

Same, I'll be looking at his progress as well.

Most of the decent parts aren't available locally...Southeast Asia is a hotbed for Corolla stuff, because the culture and what not favors it there locally, though probably because WRXs, Type Rs are either too expensive or not available.

There is no such thing as a generic car enthusiast, but certain platforms are more popular because they were engineered to appeal to a more enthusiastic buyer. Corollas were engineered to appeal to a regular car audience, which is non-enthusiastic, and the way they are perceived in North America is that they're great commuter cars, but not sport compacts. Hence, why few companies bother to develop parts for them (cough TRD). Having cheaper mods was what made the Civic popular, unlike the Corolla. I grew up in the 90s (pre Initial D) when they got popular, and that was why the masses drove Hondas while Toyotas were largely ignored and MR2s and Supras were out of reach for most young 'tuners'.
Yeah, if you want to get these parts, you'll have to find a way to get them but my point is that they are out there. I think "generic car enthusiast" is the wrong term that I was looking for. What I meant is most enthusiasts would prefer to go with a car that already has a sporty or fun character with it or has that aftermarket which they can choose from such as the Civics and the Impreza's. However, there are people like us who would like to mod our Corolla's but in order to do so, we'd have to put in the extra effort to find and get those parts.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Lower Grille Color

Big thanks to anybody who will do this!

I absolutely despise the lower grille shape on my 2018 LE. I can't change the shape (other than painting parts of it to match the car, changing the perception of the shape). But it seems easier and likely better to just paint the whole thing.

I'd like to see what it would look like if I were to paint it:

1. Chrome (seems most likely)
  2. Gold (Gold "grille" for going ghetto, LOL)
  3. Silver to match the car (doesn't sound that good, but curious to see.)

Attachments

361 - 378 of 378 Posts