Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 40 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a '16 L with 15" steel wheels. I'm interested in the 15 inch alloys that came on the 9th gen Corolla S models....will it be a direct fit? No offset problems?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Had a question on a set of wheels from konig they are 17x8 offset 40. Will that poke out or any issues?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello Guys,

I am looking to purchase a 17" rims for my Corolla Se 2017. I am currently looking for a Tenzo type M or Rota slipstream rims.
I am living in New Brunswick, Canada.
Can someone direct me in the right path please and thank you.

·
Zwei Kolben
172 Posts
OK, OE wheel experts flex your knowledge.

OK, I have a 2015 Corolla S. Stock wheels are the 17 x (7?)

For winter I have a set of older 2010-12, cast aluminum Corolla wheels in 16 x (6 or 7?)

My winter tire set up is a little taller and narrower than the OE, but works well.

I traded the Corolla for an 86 last night, will my snow set up fit on the 86?

I think the bolt pattern is exactly the same, but is the offset weird going from FWD to RWD?

Thanks,

Scott

·
Zwei Kolben
172 Posts
Corolla wheels will NOT fit on the 86......confirmed.

I should have known. One is a Toyota, one is a Subaru. Dang.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hello Guys,

I am looking to purchase a 17" rims for my Corolla Se 2017. I am currently looking for a Tenzo type M or Rota slipstream rims.
I am living in New Brunswick, Canada.
Can someone direct me in the right path please and thank you.
17X7 45 215 is stock for the S+. so should fit, if you don't lower you could go with 8" wide, no problem (maybe 8") I added 20mm spacers all around to my stock set up (with a 2" megan lowering springs) and it works great!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good Day Everyone,

I have a quick question. I have a Corolla 2017 SE and a 18x8 5x114.3 rims lying around. can i use wheel adapters to install that rims to my corolla?
is it safe?

Thank you.

Cheers.

Jobel

·
Registered
11 Posts
Questions about the fit

Brand- Klutch Wheels SLC1
Size- 18x9.5"
Offset- +30
Tire Size- 205/40R18

So I'm looking at some Rota Grids (18x9.5/e38/73) for my 2017 SE and I was wondering if you got any rub with the SLC1s...I'm probably not going to lower my car until I have enough saved for bags, so would I be able to run non-stretch tires on this size (stock ride height)? And with 9.5s did you still have full range of motion for steering, or was there a limit with hitting the struts/shocks?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2014 Corolla LE Plus
538 Posts
So I'm looking at some Rota Grids (18x9.5/e38/73) for my 2017 SE and I was wondering if you got any rub with the SLC1s...I'm probably not going to lower my car until I have enough saved for bags, so would I be able to run non-stretch tires on this size (stock ride height)? And with 9.5s did you still have full range of motion for steering, or was there a limit with hitting the struts/shocks?

Thanks.
I'm not too sure if the OEM suspension is too soft to run the Rotas with regular tires but you will definitely need rolled/pulled fenders and stretched tires if you want the car to sit how I had it when aired out. You might as well roll your fenders now to prep if you're really set on buying air suspension.

I had a slight stretch with 225/40 tires previously on the SLC1s without any fenders rolled and the sidewalls got shredded like pulling apart string cheese and I was on coilovers at a pretty high ride height. It might help that the offset of the Rotas are a bit higher but I would recommend rolling your fenders. As for full steering range, I had no problems. I have wider wheels now (17x10) and I'm sure we can easily run 11 inch wide wheels with the right offset.

If you're planning to bag your car, I recommend that you don't drive it at a low height as you'll risk buckling your fenders. I drove so low that I rubbed through the front bumper where it meets the fender (it rubbed through the clips causing the front bumper to pop out) as well as my fender liners. That was the one of the reasons why I went from bags back to coils with stiffer springs as the bags were too soft for a low drive height and wheel fitment like that and I didn't want to run high air pressures to make the ride stiffer and risk popping a bag. For future reference, I drove with 30 PSI in the front and 70 PSI at the rear. The reason for the difference in PSI is because of the different bags used for the front shocks and rear shocks. The fronts use double bellow bags and the rears use a sleeve bag and typically sleeves will run on double the pressure of the double bellows.

Hopefully this helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
First off, thanks Brotha! That's a lot of detailed info and I appreciate you providing it so quickly. As for the rest...

I'm not too sure if the OEM suspension is too soft to run the Rotas with regular tires but you will definitely need rolled/pulled fenders and stretched tires if you want the car to sit how I had it when aired out. You might as well roll your fenders now to prep if you're really set on buying air suspension.
I'm considering rolling them now, yeah. Just concerned I may void some sort of warranty, the car is only a few months old at this point. I'll have to read through all the stuff I signed.

If you're planning to bag your car, I recommend that you don't drive it at a low height as you'll risk buckling your fenders. I drove so low that I rubbed through the front bumper where it meets the fender (it rubbed through the clips causing the front bumper to pop out) as well as my fender liners. That was the one of the reasons why I went from bags back to coils with stiffer springs as the bags were too soft for a low drive height and wheel fitment like that and I didn't want to run high air pressures to make the ride stiffer and risk popping a bag. For future reference, I drove with 30 PSI in the front and 70 PSI at the rear. The reason for the difference in PSI is because of the different bags used for the front shocks and rear shocks. The fronts use double bellow bags and the rears use a sleeve bag and typically sleeves will run on double the pressure of the double bellows.

Hopefully this helps.
I haven't actually done much research on air ride aside from which supplier offers which price, and by some stroke of dumb luck I find a wheel and suspension expert in the same place? Not bad.

Although it's off-topic, which manufacturer/kit did you end up using? Do you think it will fit 2017 models? Is it possible to run high pressure/install sleeves on the front so I don't end up having the same problems? The roads are worse than a bombed-out nuclear wasteland full of craters where I live, potholes everywhere.

Also also, I noticed aftermarket lips on front bumper/skirt/rear bumper on some of your pics and was wondering if you know anything about those being designed/fitted for the 17 model year.

Really appreciate all your help, Brotha (feels weird to say that as a white dude).

Cheers.

·
Registered
2014 Corolla LE Plus
538 Posts
First off, thanks Brotha! That's a lot of detailed info and I appreciate you providing it so quickly. As for the rest...

I'm considering rolling them now, yeah. Just concerned I may void some sort of warranty, the car is only a few months old at this point. I'll have to read through all the stuff I signed.
You won't void your warranty rolling your fenders. Your warranty won't be honored if the modification you've done is the cause of a problem on your car and I highly doubt rolled fenders would cause any sort of problem as that is just a cosmetic mod BUT I talked with someone who tried trading their Corolla in and they were denied as their fenders were rolled. It probably depends on the dealer of course but just keep that in mind.

I haven't actually done much research on air ride aside from which supplier offers which price, and by some stroke of dumb luck I find a wheel and suspension expert in the same place? Not bad.

Although it's off-topic, which manufacturer/kit did you end up using? Do you think it will fit 2017 models? Is it possible to run high pressure/install sleeves on the front so I don't end up having the same problems? The roads are worse than a bombed-out nuclear wasteland full of craters where I live, potholes everywhere.

Also also, I noticed aftermarket lips on front bumper/skirt/rear bumper on some of your pics and was wondering if you know anything about those being designed/fitted for the 17 model year.

Really appreciate all your help, Brotha (feels weird to say that as a white dude).

Cheers.
Yes, the air suspension I had will fit 2017 models. Anything 2009+ will fit.

I went with Airforce suspension shocks and Airlift V2 air management which is a pressure based air system with 8 presets. Pressure based means it goes by the PSI in the bags, not the height. So let's say you find the ride height you'd like and it's 50 PSI all around. The air management will always fill the bags to 50 PSI, BUT the height will not always be the same. Sometimes it'll be higher or lower. It was very frustrating airing up to get over a speed bump or into a driveway and when dropping the car using the preset back to ride height, the management would always drop the rear too low or not go low enough to where I'd like it and if I could, I would pull over to adjust it manually which was a pain.

I would suggest shelling out an extra 500-600 bucks and get the Airlift 3H which is a height based system that has sensors that will always keep you at the height you want, even if you add a load to the car. You could go for the older Accuair E-level to save some money BUT I always hear about the sensors breaking and it costs $250 to replace one. I would also suggest you have a shop install the sensors. The air shocks, air tank, compressor and air management are easy to install with the only hard part being routing air lines to the front and wires to the battery but it's pretty much just installing the shocks, setup your trunk with the tank/compressor/air management and run the air lines from the management to each shock and the connecting the air compressor to the tank and air management and run the wires from the air management to the battery. If you want a shop to install everything for you, the cheapest I've seen someone get quoted for was $300 and I was personally quoted $700-$1600 for a full install here in Northern California which is a lot for me so I ended up doing it myself for the first time. If you install it yourself I believe everything should cost you $3600 before taxes, $2000 for the shocks and $1600 for the air management. I would suggest waiting until Black Friday as you can save up to 25% if you look in the right places.

As for running different bags up front, I'm not too sure but I would guess that running sleeves would be a no no as it probably can't handle the weight of the engine as well as the double bellow bags. Also, if the area you live is infested with bad roads, I would suggest driving a higher height (you may just need to tweak your height as you get used to driving lower) and dodging big potholes, don't wanna risk blowing a bag.

Mapisa Group has a body kit for the 2017+ models but I have no idea if it's been released yet.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i really don't like the stock toyo tires that came on my 2016 corolla. as soon as they wear out im gonna put kumhos on my car.
i had a 99 corolla years ago that i bought brand new. the stock goodyear intergrity tires didn't last 2 years, even with proper rotation and pressure.

·
Registered
97 Posts
18x8 with +38 offset will fit, correct? I have a pair of 10mm spacers, 15mm spacers, and 20mm spacers. Should I do 10 in the front and 15 in the back?

what size tires would be ideal?

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,474 Posts
So, this finally happened! XXR 555 18x8.5, 225/40
Really happy with the wheels and look, I do wish I went with my gut, and 235's.
But I'm done with major mods. Still might do vinyl roof. So happy!
The 225/40R18 tires are perfect, the exact proper fit. I'm not a fan of an all black wheel but the design looks nice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anyone running OE wheels from other makes?

I'm looking for a set of 10th gen XRS, CT200h, or Prius Persona take-offs, but would like to open up other options. I'm thinking there's at least two sets of VW wheels out there that would look nice on the 'Rolla. Not lowering this car because it's my mom's and don't like aftermarket wheels on cars with 4x4 wheel gap.

·
Registered
2014 Corolla LE Plus
538 Posts
Anyone running OE wheels from other makes?

I'm looking for a set of either CT200h or Prius Persona take-offs, but would like to open up other options. I'm thinking there's at least two sets of VW wheels out there that would look nice on the 'Rolla. Not lowering this car because it's my mom's and don't like aftermarket wheels on cars with 4x4 wheel gap.
Not sure if you've seen it yet, but here are how the CT200h wheels look like on a white LE.

21 - 40 of 123 Posts