Toyota Nation Forum banner
121 - 140 of 153 Posts

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,325 Posts
Yeah, I have been on the fence for a while myself. The matrix is stock at +36 with a 7" wide wheel. On my Corolla, it's +42 also 7" wide.

Wouldn't mind going taller and wider, but won't go for it until, I find a trd set for cheap or find something I like affordable. In the southwest, they will steal the wheels if it's on the street and I don't want to make myself a target.
I feel safe since mine is in a garage and theft rates around me are very low. Where do you live that has such issues?

·
Administrator
マズダスピード3
16,233 Posts
Arizona. I have a garage, but it's on the street and driving around is my concern. But then again, it's my daily.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,325 Posts
Arizona. I have a garage, but it's on the street and driving around is my concern. But then again, it's my daily.
I do what I can to make my cars less of a target for thieves. I do have an alarm on every car and a Club so they want to look at something that is an easier target. :)

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,325 Posts
I just ordered a new set of wheels for my 2017 Corolla iM. I ordered a set of Enkei TD5 17x8 +45mm offset in black pearl on the Black Friday sale at Discount Tire.

·
Registered
2018 Corolla LE
13 Posts
Bro that's a sweet setup. What are you running in terms of suspension mods? Are you having any clearancing issues/rub on the front tires? Is there enough room in the back for 18x10?
Ive got Tein Street basis Z coilovers. I don’t get any rub on the front but on the rear tires when I have buddies sitting in the back. It’s actually really bad so I’m getting my fenders rolled and I’m lowering it even more so the tires flushed with the fenders.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello!
I just recently got a 2017 Corolla SE, really happy with the car so far.
I was looking for a specific fitment but couldn't find any information about it.
Is it possible to run 17x9 +45 wheels (Oversaturated RPF1)? I would be flexible with tires, for what I've seen because offset is high should be good with fender clearance, what worries me is the strut clearance. I've seen some of you guys run 17x9 but on lower offset.
Btw, stock suspension.
Thanks! And I apologize if this question has been answered already.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,325 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ive got Tein Street basis Z coilovers. I don’t get any rub on the front but on the rear tires when I have buddies sitting in the back. It’s actually really bad so I’m getting my fenders rolled and I’m lowering it even more so the tires flushed with the fenders.
Nice wheels! They looked great!
I wonder what you did to the stock ones? Would you sell them? If so, drop me a line please. I'd like to buy those. Thanks.

·
Registered
2016 Toyota Corolla LE & 2006 Toyota Camry
158 Posts
Hey guys, not trying to hijack - question:

I’m planning to purchase 18x9 +35 wheels.
Specifically Kansei Corsas. They’re coming with tires that are oddly sized yet seems like there would be no fitment issue: 255/35/18

Additionally, the center hub bore is 73.1.

Is there going to be an issue with directly swapping my OEM wheels with these as is? Or will I need to buy additional hardware? I assume 54.1 inner diameter and 73.1 outer diameter.

Also for lug nuts, I assume 12x1.5 is the correct part? Don’t think my OEM lug nuts are going to do the trick. Apparently the wheels require, “Tuner Style (60 degree conical bolts).

Soon as the tires are worn - I’ll replace them with 225/40/18.

121 - 140 of 153 Posts