Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
10th Gen Addict
2011 Toyota Corolla
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So, has anyone found out why the chassis code for the 12th gen Corolla is particularly different from past generations? The previous Corolla codes start with the engine series followed by the E (Corolla chassis) and then the iteration/generation number. For instance, the 11th gen sedan's chassis code is ZRE172 which follows this order. However, the 12th gen hatchback is MZEA12 where the MZ doesn't correlate with the M20A engine (actually, it might if there's an internal name for the new engine) and the A12 is different as well. I don't think it being on the TNGA platform has to do with it since the CHR has a pretty normal chassis code (ZGX10).

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,453 Posts
Merry Christmas to everyone! I thought that I would share pics from some new shirts I received for Christmas. I hope that everyone had a great Christmas!

I live for this one! :grin:

So true!!!!! :grin:

I think this one has something to do with me owning 7 cars! :smile:

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm new to this forum, and I was wondering how I can stop receiving email notifications on threads. I found where I can choose for no notification on a per thread basis but I want a forum wide option to opt out of email notifications. Is there one or does everyone just use junk emails?

·
Registered
19 Corolla Hatchback
395 Posts
Does TMMK not pay you enough for you to have to drive? I think if you were driving a Toyota company lease vehicle, it would be strictly prohibited...

Well, I just like to drive. And instead of wasting gas driving pointlessly, I figured I'd see if I could make some money doing it in my free time.

I did it for about 2 months, did the math, and realized that at the rate I was going, and making money, I'd end up at a loss for the year. With fuel cost, oil changes, and that sort of thing. So I cut my losses a while ago.

TMMK pays me well enough that I have my own home (purchased not rented), my corolla, my miata, and all my bills paid with the help of nobody. But the money I made doing lyft for a few months helped acquire the miata :D Being single and working nights means you don't get much of a normal social life. So driving for lyft gave me a chance to enjoy my car, have some casual conversation with all sorts of different people, and make a little side money.

·
Registered
19 Corolla Hatchback
395 Posts
I'm new to this forum, and I was wondering how I can stop receiving email notifications on threads. I found where I can choose for no notification on a per thread basis but I want a forum wide option to opt out of email notifications. Is there one or does everyone just use junk emails?

Oh this bugged the shit out of me at first too. Somewhere in the control panel, there's a option that enables "auto subscribe to post". It's kinda hidden in a bunch of other forum options, but I think it's a pull down menu. Change that setting once you find it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Does anyone know how to remove the middle rear seatbelt? I un clicked it from the bottom but the upper part just dangles from the seat. I hope there is a place to put the seat belt or does it just hang and dangle around from the top of the seat?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well, I just like to drive. And instead of wasting gas driving pointlessly, I figured I'd see if I could make some money doing it in my free time.

I did it for about 2 months, did the math, and realized that at the rate I was going, and making money, I'd end up at a loss for the year. With fuel cost, oil changes, and that sort of thing. So I cut my losses a while ago.

TMMK pays me well enough that I have my own home (purchased not rented), my corolla, my miata, and all my bills paid with the help of nobody. But the money I made doing lyft for a few months helped acquire the miata :D Being single and working nights means you don't get much of a normal social life. So driving for lyft gave me a chance to enjoy my car, have some casual conversation with all sorts of different people, and make a little side money.
Being a car dealership lot attendant, I can drive different new cars and sometimes can really break in the engine (run rpm frequently to red line) for a long trip (between 100 and 300 miles round trip). The second benefit is can always detail my car to look shiny. But as I like to drive, this job is perfect for me.

I have a question why the 2020 Corolla Sedan is not optioned with fog lights in any model.

·
Registered
19 Corolla Hatchback
395 Posts
Being a car dealership lot attendant, I can drive different new cars and sometimes can really break in the engine (run rpm frequently to red line) for a long trip (between 100 and 300 miles round trip). The second benefit is can always detail my car to look shiny. But as I like to drive, this job is perfect for me.

I have a question why the 2020 Corolla Sedan is not optioned with fog lights in any model.

Likely because of the bumper design.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just bought this bad girl and I want to treat her right. Any recommendations for tints? Also, anyone have experience buying OEM accessories for cheap and installing yourself? I want to install crossbars (planning to put cargo/road bike), rear window spoiler(for the 5+ HP gain, jk), and mudguards. Seems easy, but wanted to get some insight. Thank you!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts